Build what you have!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build what you have!!

Most that know me Think I am a nut for hot rodding Inline sixes but I do know some BSers also have an affliction for the little sixes. The Inline Six is alive and well in other countries. Argentina's best selling car for 28 years was the Ford Falcon even though the body style never changed from 1962 to 1991 except for the Grill, headlights and interior, like most Argentine cars the Falcon only came with an Inline six starting with the 144 and ending with the HP 223. There is a huge speed part market for these sixes there. check out the vid of this 223 Falcon screaming to 7,000 rpm shifts.
    Last edited by 64falconsix; April 29, 2011, 05:05 PM.
    It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Totally frickin awesome.

Comment

Hell yeah! I am building them as fast as I can. Just so happens I have lots of stuff... Been thinkin about building a 6 Mustang, Falcon, or Comet just for fun. Maybe something for my daughter to drive.

Comment

any links to the inline 6 hi po market ?
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

AND THAT, SIR, IS WHY I'M BUILDING THE PONTIAC OHC SIX!! Hell yeah!
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
            any links to the inline 6 hi po market ?
            I would be surprised if there is.

they had a long time of years to learn and get that inline moving.

I drove a 200, and 250
            ford, chevy.

winding them up was out of the question. those guys must be smart.

the south american story of the carbed boxer is bewildering as well.. they are the last on planet earth to get them from a factory.. and no usa delivery. subaru, and vw.. the both of them.

not surprising about the six cyl kicking butt there...and that vid was impressive.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I have been searching for outlets for parts. I made contact with a bodyman from Argentina. they have access to a lot of new sheetmetal not available in the U.S. . He has givin me some prices and even with shipping Quote the parts are cheap. new 62 falcon fenders $28.00 each Torque boxes $ 6.00 U.S. etc. The best place for Ford sixes right now is www.classicinlines.com. Check out the site,how about 502 ft/pds of torque at the tires from 200 cubes.Oh yeah , silverbuick I have been following your build and can't wait to see another hot rod six on the road.
              Last edited by 64falconsix; April 29, 2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I'm hoping the last week of May I'll be able to take the blocks and heads to a machine shop for cleaning and checking out.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Here's a nifty inline six that was at a local
                  car show last Summer.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Straight sixes are cool! If I ever bought a car with a six I'd have a hard time swapping it for a V8.
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

im gunna pass the info along to my friend eli here bout the straight 6, hes been cussing at the one in his car for months now, hope he decides to keep it now
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Hopefully soon I'll reply to this thread with new video of mine with new split exhaust. I won't be running it up to 7k though!
                        1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Anyone who would Hot Rod an inline six must be out of his mind! Believe me - I know!

There's a guy in Florida who has access to some of the Argentine Chevy six bits - I'll have to spend some Google time to find him as I lost the link when I got my new 'puter. He has the turbo exhaust manifolds in stock. The 250 Chevy is like a SBC down there. Crower makes Sportsman rods as a standard item and there's other stuff out there, too. Not too sure on the Ford stuff but I know there's lots for the /6. Inlines are SO cool!

Dan

Comment

Open header doughnuts on the lawn!! awesome! braaaap!
                            Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Comment

Okay I can't help it I have to post some of my favorite inline six vids.check out Joe Gauci's 200 Inline six cortina hand some v8s their walking papers. how about 8.58 1/4s with a 200 inline.or the mighty 6 292 Chevy and a 225 slant six for you Mopar fans. . . .
                              Last edited by 64falconsix; April 30, 2011, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X