• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Valiant wagon is WAY too cool!

Dan

Comment

There's always the Australian DOHC Barra I6

947hp (claimed) turbo example:
      ENVY DYNO's falcon tuned for street, full alloy exhaust, cat converter fitted, ET street tyres, Platinum street fuel, no cam adjustment yet, no NOS either......
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by 64falconsix
        Build what you have!!
        This whole idea kinda got me in over my head. I had a rebuilt 292 with only around 50 miles on it from a 1970 C-10. The 194 in my '63 Chevy II was on the way out, so I figured 'what the heck, I'll just put the 292 in the Nova.'

Well, 16 months later, it's finally moving under it's own power. There are still a few things to work out, but hopefully I'll get there soon. If I knew what I was getting into before I started, I probably would've gone another route, but I must say, I know a heck of a lot more now than I did when I started!

Here's a link to the most recent gallery: PICS

A video (no mufflers yet): http://63chevyii.com/photos/gallerie...bps_Stream.mov

Full details of the build can be found on my website 63ChevyII.com
        Last edited by 63ChevyII.com; September 7, 2011, 10:26 AM.
        6 in a row, makes it go!!
        My Car

Comment

Love it! (For obvious reasons.) I haven't read your whole build thread, but I'll be looking for details on how you made your throttle linkage work. I'm still not satisfied with mine.
          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

A HS buddy had a '68 Camaro that was Antifreeze Green with white tuck-n-roll interior that was originally a 250 /3 spd that he blew up doing 4000 rpm clutch dumps. He replaced it a 292, bored to 302 ci, 4 spd from his Dads wrecked farm truck. He added a 4 bbl, a cam, and a split header with turbo muffs.
            It had so much torque, he would waste V8's from street light to street light. The funny sounding idle totally fooled and confused people. He would tell people it was a 302, then start it up just to laigh at the weird looks people make.
            Last edited by Scott Liggett; September 8, 2011, 12:49 AM.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Sixes are cool. One of my favorite you tube clips is this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuMay...eature=related

Now, that is an engine!
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I like these too -

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Randal's gonna go whacko when he sees those poncho pics.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

did you notice my beer in the Red Wings coozie John? I are a protographer eh ?
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

trailblazer 6 with carbs would be ok
                      I built a 250 6 for my friend joe sparta in 1984 , 69 camaro , stock 0.40 over with an isky super cam and a 500 cfm holley 2bbl
                      just a preview of how boring working on customers cars will be for the next 30 years

Comment

I saw the beer in the red coozie (miller high life?) but I missed the wings logo.... nice work - that engine compartment is cleaner than some hospitals.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                          - that engine compartment is cleaner than MOST hospitals.
                          There, fixed it for you!

Hospitals flat-out scare me......wife works at 2 of them, I want to scrub her off on the patio when she gets home. Yikes! Gotta go, she just pulled in the drive!
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                            im gunna pass the info along to my friend eli here bout the straight 6, hes been cussing at the one in his car for months now, hope he decides to keep it now
                            that is all I used to do too. complain.
                            all those engines come from the crazy emission constipated cam timing. my own bent a block the long way.

if I had known letting them breathe even allows a .040 bore without twisting the junk...

well. I am messing with a retarded boxer just the same. the torture by a couple of L-6 is where my knowledge began.

I'd do one again.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                              I would be surprised if there is.
                              winding them up was out of the question. those guys must be smart.
                              seven main bearings and a natural balance, add cam and spin!
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X