Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting the lottery with a "new" Boss 302... Serial #0001

Buying the first Boss

What a lucky SOB!!! I bet the dealership that sold it to him for only $1500 over sticker is kicking themselves in the A$$!!!
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

Wow. If I had the cash, I might just buy one of those myself. They definitely have caught my attention, and I don't pay much attention to new cars I can't afford.
    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Originally posted by 1trickpony View Post
      Buying the first Boss

What a lucky SOB!!! I bet the dealership that sold it to him for only $1500 over sticker is kicking themselves in the A$$!!!
      seems a strange story..

the dealer thinks it is the first build for the color orange?
      so this means another number 1 somewhere?

even local there is strange stories like that. I drove a ton truck that had the "extra" powerful pontiac 400 cubic inch, supposed to be a rare one.

or a 390 4 speed in my dads 1700 dollar ford pickup, by factory.

even the monte SS, after the little 305.. it really had an HO, but very rare to actually have the real "HO".. bought less than $2000.

I often wonder abut serials and actuality. I always thought they made many more than they don't need to mention...making "genuine" chalenged.

one of my strangest tales ever, is a 100 dollar per quart iridescent paint job, on a ten geared carbed subaru...as oem. after only two years of carbs, one year actually survived. In any analysis, it makes 60 years of flat four 3 mains of the german variety a total pussy... cost? $500. drove it home.

stay smart kids. You just might know what you got...the stampede hardly ever does. even if it gets passed around for less than the stampeded stamped a stupid price. Easy to feed a daydream with lower priced reality this way.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The purists are having a hay day that serial number 0001 is going to a guy that "god forbid" drives the car. They all want it preserved for future generations and what not. The guy that owned it said he does auto crossing and takes his kids for rides. They said that such a rare car should not have stains and cheerios in the back seat.

My thoughts on it... Run it and run it hard. Its only metal and at the end of the day will only be metal. If you buy a car that will stritcly sit in a tempature controlled building for "future generations", you don't know what your missing.
        I drive my cars the way the were built for, and if something breaks, well I get to work on it.
        Jeff
        Follow My Build

Comment

As he says, if they are so bent out of shape, let them bring him another Boss just like it and pay of his loan on it.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Guess whats on Evilbay?
            Thats right #0001. Unfortunatly you would need to win the lottery to touch it now.
            Happy bidding
            The first BOSS
            Jeff
            Follow My Build

Comment

wow, the first one, the one with all the mistakes in it.. yup thats the one I'd want..
              good thing it'll never be driven..
              whats next king cobra

Comment

Good for him, I'd do the same thing. Then he can go buy another one and drive the wheels off it and put the rest of the money in the bank.
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

He has another one ordered that wont be built until Q4( I am assuming that means the 4th quarter) He wants get enough to pay them both off. How sweet would that be?
                  Jeff
                  Follow My Build

Comment

Bid is currently at 95,100 and reserve is not met yet. With 4 days left I have a feeling that the "real" heavy hitters have not came out of the woodwork yet.
                    Jeff
                    Follow My Build

Comment

Looks like it just sold "locally." Now the kid gets a free Boss and ol' 0001 gets covered in "do not touch" stickers and a life on the show circuit. Whatever, just glad this sellout's five minutes are over.
                      Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Working...
                      X