The blue Ram is DOA....rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The blue Ram is DOA....rant.

I type this in hopes that I may not rip my kids throat out and feed it to the dog.

Dill hole calls and says that the Blue Ram is running hot and that he will not drive it. I say okay, I go over there to pick it up and he is not home but instead..."just down the street getting coffee and a money order" anyway after a few short not so nice words he drives my truck back (the one he was not going to drive BTW)

I pop the hood and there is coolant everywhere. I mean freaking everywhere. So I blow up on a rant about how in the name of F*&^ do you not notice all this gaddamn fluid belching everywhere. I get the " DUH,I don't know look" First time I have ever wanted to punch one of my kids in the face. I had to walk away for about 20 minutes so I did not kill him.

I pop the cap...no fluid. I wait.....it cools down and I add fluid. The truck starts, barely. It is popping and sputtering and will not run for shit.....but I need to find where the water is coming from....then I notice the driver side head. there is water seeping from around all the exhaust manifold bolts...and from around the back of the head around the base. It also seems that the thermostat was not opening and water was spewing from around the upper hose and the bypass hose. How do we not see this, how does the smell of evaporating coolant escape you gaddamn nostrals?

So gave him the keys to the black truck and told him at no time am I going to fix a god damn thing on it. At not time am I going to come to his aid when he breaks down or has a problem. At no time am I spending a gaddamn dime to fix it. and never, ever, ever will I help him by loaning him one of my vehicles. Then I gave him a good game ass pat for blowing up 2 motors inside of 4 months and told him it was F*&^ing amazing piece of work and he should be proud of destroying the only running vehicle I have. Told him, I am done supporting you. If you screw this truck up, you are now, officially S.O.L. if you mommy wants to bail you out call her...lose my number because I am DONE!

So now I get to cycle to work, while tearing apart the top end of the engine in the evenings. Because the Plymouth wont run for shit and i need to work on it too. I can't do this job at the house so I have to go to the garage on base and it is 5 dollars a day storage and 4 dollars an hour to use the bay on top of what it is going to cost in parts.

Anyone else have a kid who destroys every vehicle they touch?

This was more for me than you...but on the upside...I can take pictures of engine carnage and post them here....wont that be swell?
    Last edited by JOES66FURY; May 1, 2011, 09:28 AM.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

That's blows royal. My brother at least waited a year or so before running the second car out of oil.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Start him back on a bicycle that will learn him!!! I can't say much I was pretty tough on my cars too. Then dad quit buying stuff(tires, brakes, fuel pumps) and I learned pretty quick that bagging groceries doesn't pay for the important stuff. So I started driving like a responsible young adult and doing preventative maitenence. Then my dad finally came back around and would help me out with things that "weren't my fault"

Ask my Dad what phrase he absolutely hates coming out of my mouth.... "I don't know" (or in young punk terms "I dunno")
        Jeff
        Follow My Build

Comment

That really sucks man, This is exactly why NO ONE! drives my vehicles except for me & my wife.
          I don't know which motor you have, 318/360, but we have a damn good running 115k 318 that just came in in an 01 Ram 1500 4x4..
          I can find you a motor in your area on the Locator if you just wanna toss a used motor in...
          Hope that helps, sorry to hear about the FAIL dude.

Comment

I dont loan cars out anymore. If the wife has something break while she is driving it, I know she just didnt keep going and ignore everything. I had a guy who lived here for a while, ate my food, smelled up the place, didnt put anything in, but just lived off me. He borrowed my92 Blazer, then called and said it wouldnt move on ice. It is still screwed up and ran fine before he got it, only a rusted $200 truck so no big deal really. Then I got the 98 GP and he finally got a job 7 miles down the road. Somehow in those 7 miles he managed to screw up the GP in a number of ways. Since the snow was coming and he was driving my winter beater I ended up buying a 99 Blazer from the wifes dad. He took to driving that since it has heated leather seats and is quite a nice little truck. The power steering sprung a leak and he just kept driving it. His moms Buick has been dead for two years because he ran it without power steering fluid, so I took my time fixing it. He broke it in January and I fixed it last week. Then he had the bright idea that I could drive 25 miles each way to drop him off at his $8 job and pick him up every night. So at the first tank I told him he was buying, since I started with a full tank. He said he didnt have any money. So that was the end of him getting rides on my check, that was also when gas got up to $3.40. Finally he is out of the house, but his shit is still here, might end up going to goodwill or something.

I have loaned out my trailer to three people. Only my father in law brought it back without anything screwed up. It isnt leaving without me again.

Back in 96 I bought a 77 Gran Prix, a $300 car with minimal rust, really a nice car with a 350 in it. The ex wife's idiot brother needed a car because he blew up the engine in his truck again. She begged me so I said he could have it for two weeks. Three months later my friend calls and asks if it was ok that my idiot brother in law was parting my car. So I hitched up the trailer and went to get it. It had a good set of tires when he got it, but now it had a different tire and a wrinkled quarter panel on the passenger side. It now had a shattered windshield where he had been punching it and hitting it with tools, it didnt have even a rock chip in it when he got it. There were 4 bent pushrods and two broken ones in the engine. He had the seats out of it and apparently had them sold, but there were still with the car. When I showed up he said I couldnt have it and he was going to call the Sheriff. I said call him, I have the title, you have been driving it without insurance, and you are stealing parts from it. The black marks on the highway will match the tires and carnage on this thing, and all the tracks sliding around on the gravel road and highway are sure to pique his interest. So call him up.

I dont loan cars to people anymore, for anything. Honestly Joe, if your kids are over 19, then they should be able to find their own ride. Nobody ever bought me a car, and I only borrowed two of them in my life when someone else had broken mine. Both times it was my idiot brother who broke my Cougar. I only broke it once. Let them figure out the vehicle thing on their own. If you dont this will keep happening, just like my sister who has never bought a car of her own, but has trashed everything she has driven, including a really nice black with red interior 79 Malibu my grandmother had.

Comment

Dad made me buy my own stuff while i had to fix his

the good ol days

Comment

Man.......that really sucks.

Raising my kids......I made them have skin in the
                game.
                They had to pony up for their own cars and maintenance.
                We worked on them together........which taught them how
                to keep a car up and running.
                I often took them to the weekend salvage yard trips......there
                they could take things apart to see how they worked.

I think some 'tough love' here will go a long way.

Hope it works out for ya.
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Joe, sorry to hear about your car troubles. I wish I was near to help out.

Your son needs a serious wake up call about taking care of a vehicle. You've been more than generous helping him out. A few months riding the bus and his old bicycle might wake him up, might not.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

a different foot gives it a different routine.

I was laughed at after driving nothing but boxers.. I mean years of it, no other four cyls and getting into to drive someones FWD inline four.

I could not even get it to take off.

I pop the clutch like a diesel in the little boxer. My only inline fours of the past are pulverized prematurely.

the screaming ricer/diesel personalities.. they don't go together easily.
                    it separates many realms of autos...v8s to little cars is also funny, after years of your own routine.

my younger borther and I learned that, without fighting over it.(both brought up around rigs)

back to joes truck...

a headgasket in May is a nice one. what is 18 bucks and a few hours...

people don't blow headgaskets.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Nephew borrows my truck, because his jeep is broken.... had a brand new clutch, came back with a slipping clutch. Loaned him my spare bike, took several months to get it back. He doesn't get to borrow a car. Quite simple. Kid who works on his car here needs a car, brings my car back dirty. He doesn't get to borrow my car. Simple. I figure they all get one chance, two if you include the bike. No more, I can't afford it.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Well, he is in college and I can not help pay for that. So the only thing I can do is help out with the vehicles.
                        He is NOT mechanically inclined, never was not because of lack of effort on my part. What it boils down to is that he is a little bitch.
                        I talked with his mom today (he is my step son, he is 21 and I have been "dad" since he was 5) and told her I am f*&^ing done bailing him out. Surprisingly she agreed. So from now on, he is on his own. What? you don't have enough for rent? Tough shit. learn to manage your money.
                        I made my was since I was 14 years old, paid for everything I wanted. I knew how hard it was on me and I wanted him to have it easier. It is obvious now that me and the wife did him no favors. He is an ungrateful selfish little snot and I am done. I told the wife that this is the first time in his life that I am truly disappointed in him. I felt I raised him better. I told what pisses me off the most is that he just doesn't seem to care.

All I can say is he is in for a rude awakening here shortly because his insurance are due and if he doesn't pay I am taking the truck back. I also may just tear down the top end of the Mustang and give it back, take the truck and tell him to piss off. I think some tough love is whats needed here.

Thanks for the input and thanks for listening. I will start a project thread with photos and such on the tear down, I know we all love carnage. An we love it especially when it is not our own stuff lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2 View Post
                          I type this in hopes that I may not rip my kids throat out and feed it to the dog.

Dill hole calls and says that the Blue Ram is running hot and that he will not drive it. I say okay, I go over there to pick it up and he is not home but instead..."just down the street getting coffee and a money order" anyway after a few short not so nice words he drives my truck back (the one he was not going to drive BTW)

I pop the hood and there is coolant everywhere. I mean freaking everywhere. So I blow up on a rant about how in the name of F*&^ do you not notice all this gaddamn fluid belching everywhere. I get the " DUH,I don't know look" First time I have ever wanted to punch one of my kids in the face. I had to walk away for about 20 minutes so I did not kill him.

I pop the cap...no fluid. I wait.....it cools down and I add fluid. The truck starts, barely. It is popping and sputtering and will not run for shit.....but I need to find where the water is coming from....then I notice the driver side head. there is water seeping from around all the exhaust manifold bolts...and from around the back of the head around the base. It also seems that the thermostat was not opening and water was spewing from around the upper hose and the bypass hose. How do we not see this, how does the smell of evaporating coolant escape you gaddamn nostrals?

So gave him the keys to the black truck and told him at no time am I going to fix a god damn thing on it. At not time am I going to come to his aid when he breaks down or has a problem. At no time am I spending a gaddamn dime to fix it. and never, ever, ever will I help him by loaning him one of my vehicles. Then I gave him a good game ass pat for blowing up 2 motors inside of 4 months and told him it was F*&^ing amazing piece of work and he should be proud of destroying the only running vehicle I have. Told him, I am done supporting you. If you screw this truck up, you are now, officially S.O.L. if you mommy wants to bail you out call her...lose my number because I am DONE!

So now I get to cycle to work, while tearing apart the top end of the engine in the evenings. Because the Plymouth wont run for shit and i need to work on it too. I can't do this job at the house so I have to go to the garage on base and it is 5 dollars a day storage and 4 dollars an hour to use the bay on top of what it is going to cost in parts.

Anyone else have a kid who destroys every vehicle they touch?

This was more for me than you...but on the upside...I can take pictures of engine carnage and post them here....wont that be swell?
                          Yes. And I threw his lazy no good ass out last week. He ruined the Tracker we gave him @ 16. Borrowed money to buy a 2000 V6 Mustang from his granny. Then didn't pay her back. Blew it up Twice and wrecked it. The best thing is after rebuilding the second engine. He ran it for 3 months and it started to run like shit and he says to me "What did you do wrong when you put my engine together?". I told him to ask the bald rear tires what I did. He also refused to get a part time job because he is going to college. Coming home to a messy house with him watching cartoons on a laptop while playing the PlayStation was the final straw. GTFO!

Comment

i am surprised you even gave him the black truck to use. i would of gave him the bike
                            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                              i am surprised you even gave him the black truck to use. i would of gave him the bike
                              x2

Comment

Working...
                              X