No announcement yet.

The blue Ram is DOA....rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

up until recently he was a good kid, got good grades, held down a job and took care of business...but somewhere along the line he has lost sight of what is important.

I think the plan is to try to fix the mustang, give him the keys, drop him off my insurance and tell him to f*&^ off....

As soon as I get my truck going I will jump on the 'stang...

in his defense...he did not blow up the mustang...the oil change place did that for us....still...it pisses me off...and I am done.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

He's going to have to learn on this own then.

My sister is like that, drives the car with little or no gas in it. Having flat tires because she wasn't watched were she was going was common with her old car and the new car she got.

The best was bald tires, never got the cash back but I don't care about money when it comes to cars anymore
      Last edited by Runner1972; May 1, 2011, 08:12 PM.
      "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2 View Post
        up until recently he was a good kid, got good grades, held down a job and took care of business...but somewhere along the line he has lost sight of what is important.

I think the plan is to try to fix the mustang, give him the keys, drop him off my insurance and tell him to f*&^ off....

As soon as I get my truck going I will jump on the 'stang...

in his defense...he did not blow up the mustang...the oil change place did that for us....still...it pisses me off...and I am done.
        Not to be a major dick but, you're awfully pissed just because he isn't car savvy enough to know something was going wrong under the hood. I don't expect my wife to understand much about what goes on under there, anymore than she expects me to know how to sew patches in the brand new jeans I just put holes in. Life sucks sometimes, whose to say the headgaskets wouldn't have let go if you'd have been driving? I'm just saying, I doubt the kid did anything wrong on purpose or "had fun" killing your truck.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

He's in college. You've been more than kind enough. Yeah, the Mustang was a bad deal for everyone, but the truck is a different ballgame. Sorry, Junior...time to hoof it.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
            Not to be a major dick but, you're awfully pissed just because he isn't car savvy enough to know something was going wrong under the hood. I don't expect my wife to understand much about what goes on under there, anymore than she expects me to know how to sew patches in the brand new jeans I just put holes in. Life sucks sometimes, whose to say the headgaskets wouldn't have let go if you'd have been driving? I'm just saying, I doubt the kid did anything wrong on purpose or "had fun" killing your truck.
            Yeah, but saying he wouldn't drive it, cause he knew it was broke even if he didn't know what was broke, then driving it anyways would be the last straw for me too. That goes beyond simply not knowing to just not caring, imo.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

you're kinda right,, only Joe knows if he is that car dumb..

Comment

I know some folks that are hard on parts. They can't help it... yes, it sucks, but when it gets down to it, it's small stuff. If you can fix it with money or a wrench, it's small stuff.

Deep breaths brother. My response would probably be "You buy the parts, you do the labor, I'll help you fix it.... and when I say Help, I mean I'll point out when you are screwing up."

You're a generous person, so I know you are blowing off steam. Hang in there.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

exactly!

how do you miss 6 gallons of fluid pouring from your engine? how do you not smell something. My wife is clueless when it comes to cars but she is in tune with everything..she always notices when something is out of the ordinary...

I have taught him to check fluids every fill up...but he doesnt do it.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

exactly!
                    I have taught him to check fluids every fill up...but he doesnt do it.
                    sheesh, even I don't check the fluids EVERY fillup. But I make sure the wife's not driving something that'll fall apart either. Maybe consider a used, older import as a spare vehicle. They don't eff up as often as domestics.
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

exactly!

how do you miss 6 gallons of fluid pouring from your engine? how do you not smell something. My wife is clueless when it comes to cars but she is in tune with everything..she always notices when something is out of the ordinary...
                      my mom is the same way. knows nothing about cars but can tell when something is not right and 9/10 can pin point where. it's creepy
                      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Maybe consider a used, older import as a spare vehicle. They don't eff up as often as domestics.
                        VW bug (the old one). Never needs coolant. Connect the oil pressure switch to the ignition so it won't run if it's low on oil.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                          VW bug (the old one). Never needs coolant. Connect the oil pressure switch to the ignition so it won't run if it's low on oil.
                          Spoken like Confucious. F'n right ON!!

I'd let him know in plain language that if he wants a set of wheels, he'll be doing any & ALL labor to procure/fix said vehicle.

Offer up your expertise in advice ONLY. (and only if he seeks it out)...

If he wants wheels that bad, he'll either smarten up, or join up.
                          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Maybe consider a used, older import as a spare vehicle. They don't eff up as often as domestics.
                            that is total b/s .. and u know it..

Comment

Working...
                            X