No announcement yet.

Super bee junkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

probably a burnout/driving issue munched a planetary? that's just a guess....but it's probably a problem with the geartrain, since the parts move in 1-2 but not 3rd gear, so it would make noise in 1-2 but not 3rd.

Great video, really great to see the car getting some road miles and half a strip mile in one trip!
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

the truly sad part to me is having one shitty looking brown C10 that will probably outrun it and out mpg it. Good to see it on the road, bad to see high 11's.

Next time. I'm stoked to see it moving.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Real gear head $$
        real street car $$
        keeping it real priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          the truly sad part to me is having one shitty looking brown C10 that will probably outrun it and out mpg it. Good to see it on the road, bad to see high 11's.

Next time. I'm stoked to see it moving.
          Ahh, I think he de-tuned it a bit, 11s is flyin.

Comment

Cool video. Could be a shifter adjustment issue which can kill a tranny quick at the digs. Hopefully we'll find out in Part 2.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Any ETA on when part 2 is coming out. Is this going to be a franchise? Will there be a part 3 and 4?

Comment

I was there the day it came out of the garage, the car looks good in these pictures but they don't do it justice...it's really VERY nice... straight as an arrow and incredibly clean...

Freiburger grew up loving on this car...it's his High school hot rod.... like all of us had... this is His.... it's "the" car most folks wish they'd never sold....... I dig it...

Comment

Originally posted by ss427 View Post
                  Ahh, I think he de-tuned it a bit, 11s is flyin.
                  I'm just bustin his balls cuz I think it's been way into the 10's and high 11's doesn't need a full cage and mini tubs. All in good fun.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Hot Rod Magazine Editor In Chief David Freiburger has owned this 1970 Dodge Super Bee since he was 15 years old. In 1995, it was restored in race trim with a...

Part II is up
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I think mine and Daves definition of a blown trans is different. Good story though.
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Was that the CC Duster in the shop @ the end?....
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post

Part II is up
                          Very cool, thanks.

Can't wait for:
                          Part 3
                          Last edited by ethelkilledfred; May 10, 2011, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ethelkilledfred View Post
                            Can't wait for:
                            Part 3
                            wonder of it take as long as boston's 3 stage

Comment

I was just reading the article in the last magazine, and am curious what the final rear wheel & tire size actually ended up being in reality? I really like the look, they started out with a 12" rim but had to order narrower? The tire size in the magazine should have fit a 12" rim from the description....

Anyone know?
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X