Wagons go fast 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagons go fast 2

Hey, My names Dave, Started car crap begining of last summer, Had a 70 Pontiac Strato Chief, bought it stone stock, 50000 orig miles, built a fairly healthy small block for it,(with plenty of advice and help from here lol) lots of convertor, lots of gear, drove it for one summer and got bored, traded it for a 56 olds sedan, mild custom car, was pretty, but sloooooow, sold that 2 weeks ago on a thurs, paid off a bunch of bills, that sat was moping around on the couch, wife says fk, just go get a gdm car and stop pouting lol, so jumped on Kijiji, found an 80 Malibu wagon i had been looking at for a couple weeks, called a buddy, hit a bank machine and drove 2hrs to Montreal, got to the guys house, went round the block, offered him 3g's and drove it home...easiest road trip ever lol....guy owned the car since the early 90's, car is a good 10 footer, up close you can see the bondo in the doors etc etc but its fairly presentable, he has every receipt for everything thats ever been done to it in a big 3 ring book, including part#'s and mileage etc etc. very mild 355, T5 with world class gear set, monte ss rear with 323 gears(from the orig 373's?) I doubt the car had ever turned a tire in anger, was him and his wifes "once a week" cruiser....got it home, off came the walker ginormous mufflers, on went 2 chambers with turndowns, in went new guages, and for the last 2 weeks i have made every attempt at breaking this thing at every opurtunity, my 10yr old daughter finds doing dohnuts till she wants to puke fairly ammusing, I find leaving 50 ft of rubber at every intersection, in front of my house, in my garage, or anywhere else, hilarious (im a bit of a child sometimes)......plans are...drive it for the summer, when winter comes, replace front springs to get the nose high in the air, pull the hood off to make room for a 671, more clutch, more gear, and slicks and skinnies, then enjoy hearing "it needs to be lowered" or "a set of 20's would look bad ass on that" ....possibly a tasteless mixture of 60's street freak (nose high, blower etc) with 80's mullet street machine vibe...i blame D.F, hooked teh laptop up to the bigscreen last night and watched the crusher roadtrip vid repeatedly from the "in front of the blower" shots to hearing Dave say "thats alot of blower to look around" and that stance....yup...thanks Dave....tasteless malibu wagon coming right up lol....
    Thanks

Originally posted by BYGDDY View Post
    ......doing dohnuts till she wants to puke fairly ammusing, I find leaving 50 ft of rubber at every intersection, in front of my house, in my garage, or anywhere else, hilarious (im a bit of a child sometimes)......
    I want pictures and video! I have always liked the 80's Malibu, and a V8 5-speed wagon is cool! Look foward to watching.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

congrads,, kool to have a toy again eh?
      but before you get all gung ho..
      get it on a lift.. and look at the frame from the rear of the doors back.. and really look at where the crossmember is that the 4 links(upper) bolt too.. if it's solid your good
      if not... maybe mullet street machine back half..
      good luck..

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
        congrads,, kool to have a toy again eh?
        but before you get all gung ho..
        get it on a lift.. and look at the frame from the rear of the doors back.. and really look at where the crossmember is that the 4 links(upper) bolt too.. if it's solid your good
        if not... maybe mullet street machine back half..
        good luck..
        Lol......having owned a couple g-bodies in the past and wanting one again for awhile now that was teh first thing i did, i was at the dudes house 2min and was under the car checking the rails, all good....oddly enough really really good...no signs or replacement either....then mon brought it into my shop to pull the exhaust off to change to flowmasters and had a better look, floors mint, frame mint, i have no idea why 3 of teh four doors at the lower edge show so much bondo, and the pass a pillar as well, seems weird when the rest is so soild....but hey...i figure it looks presentable, its somewhat different, and the driveline can swap into anything if the car rots around it....so now to search for used blowers in Canada....not easy lol.....

Comment

Working...
        X