Other hobbies besides cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other hobbies besides cars?

Next working fulltime in a Printshop I also do a little webhosting on the side and build websites now and then.
    But compared to my car-hobby is a 90%/10% situation mostly.

edit: forgot to mention I also do some magazine layout making on the computer (Apple Macintosh, of course ;) )

Who also has other hobbies besides their car(s)?
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Re: Other hobbies besides cars?

my web page shows a few of them....life is way too interesting to stick to just one subject. Although having so many other interests sure slows down car work.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I agree, one hobby will burn you out at times. Ya gotta have other interests. I collect/shoot firearms, and collect autographed guitars.

Comment

I have been a musician since I was 7 years old, mostly percussion.

I am also heavily into audio recording, production, engineering. I actually own the recording console from the original ABC Wide World of Sports TV show. The one they recorded the famous Jim McKay line, "The thrill of victory! the agony of defeat..."

Strangely, it was the restoration of this old Auditronix console that got me into building Fuel Injection computers, and into this hobby. Life is funny some times.

-scott
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I play with cars, and also make documentaries, usually using digital video.

I am starting to get into film cameras, and have been collecting Bolex's. And playing some guitar...almost forgot. Have a Gibson Les Paul and a American Strat.

UPDATE - just picked up a Gibson SG. Niiiiiiice

Comment

Are there other hobbies?

But seriously - 'Geek must be my long-lost brother. I, too am a drummer and sort-of bass player (hey, I have a Rickenbocker. That counts, don't it?). However, NOT an electronics guy. Also do woodworking a bit - I'm no Norm Abram, but I can do some stuff. I've built several shops over the years, including the current one, which is steel framed. I guess that's sort of a hobby, too. Turns out that taking care of my aged body has become sort of a part-time job/hobby as well. I spend HOURS hanging out at doctors' offices, so I take mags, etc. and wait patiently.

Scott - when you're at Maxton, let's talk about the PA for the track. They have a bunch of bits and pieces that are currently at my shop, but I'm not sure how to glue it all together.

Have Fun, all
            Dan

Comment

#1 hobby - being a dad.

#2 hobby - fiddling with cars

#3 hobby - playing elect guitar with a great group of folks... usually loudly

;D
              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I also have an electric guitar but haven't touched it in years.
                www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I dabble in photography and living in Colorado makes that an easy hobby! Ken's into history and we both spoil the grandkids! ;)

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Been doing mostly the car thing lately, but I also have a strong interest in giant scale radio controlled model airplanes. Here's a picture of my PBY Catalina (156" wingspan, 48 pounds), along with my P-47 Thunderbolt (90" wingspan, 36 pounds) and my Messerschmitt 109G (96" wingspan, 34 pounds). Unfortunately, all that's left of the PBY now is the tail and one wing :-\ That's the problem with R/C airplanes, you can spend months building them, but sometimes they go down on the first or second flight.

Comment

You're all kidding right? I mean what else is there?
                      "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Hey jaybnve, My grandfather flew a PBY in WWII. good lookin bird. Sorry to hear about yours though. I think his was damaged and used for target practice. Sightseeing, weightlifting, golf. I just moved to north Georgia so plenty to see around and closer to Atlanta if I had more time.

Comment

I have hobbies other than cars. I do Jeeps, trucks, and motorcycles.

Comment

WOW, other hobbies, I will have to think about that....... ???

Ok, maybe Elvis karaoke... lol Oh, also like to take trips to Orlando theme parks, got annual passes to Universal, gonna get annual passes for Disney World soon, is that a hobby?? ;D

Comment

My wife makes me mow the grass. other than that it has to have wheels on it!!, Hey Eddie, do ya wear the elvis suite to Disney ?

Comment

Working...
                              X