Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My daily is one step closer to the scrapyard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daily is one step closer to the scrapyard...

Some might say it should've been scrapped years ago, and, dammit... I couldn't disagree with that ofcourse!
    But last friday someone tried to kill my daily-heap and help getting it off the roads. But they failed, somewhat at least.

I already had planned on selling/scrapping the car myself once I have my new daily, the '73 Dart, roadworthy, but that's still some weeks away.
    With this kiss-on-the-cheek (or kiss of death?) I need to shift my butt up into a higher gear and get the Dart running a bit faster now!

If there's any consolation, at least I'm now able to read the car's recommended tirepressures without opening the door
    Attached Files
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Ouch!
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

glad you're safe,
      will this help pay for the dart? was it the other drivers fault..?
      is there insurance?

Comment

so you climbing thru the window or does the door still work ?
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Thats one of those things they called a Pontiac Lemans here in the states years ago. Didnt go over too well.

Comment

I had right of way but the other driver just didn't see me. Just a simple crossing of 2 streets. I thought the other car was stopping for me but just as I drove infront of it I noticed it pulled up.
            Luckily it all happened on one of our 50 million speeddumps over here, so speeds were low.
            The insurance will take care of it all I'm sure. And my car will be considered a totalloss because of it's marketvalue overhere.

The door and lock still functions alright, although not as smooth as before.
            If I didn't have the window open just a bit it would have shattered aswell. I've hammered the door from the inside a bit with some wood so I can at least fullly open the window again.
            Last edited by BigBlockMopar; May 11, 2011, 05:28 AM.
            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post

The door and lock still functions alright, although not as smooth as before.
              If I didn't have the window open just a bit it would have shattered aswell. I've hammered the door from the inside a bit with some wood so I can at least fullly open the window again.
              Hillbilly engineering has crossed the pond love it
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Bummer, BBM - but maybe a blessing in disguise. As long as you're OK the rest is just stuff. So was that a DaeWoo?

Dan

Comment

In western Europe it's known as an 'Opel Kadett'. In the UK known as a Vauxhall, in the rest of world probably a 'POS' or just 'heap'
                  It has a similar automatic transmission drivetrain as a mid '80s Chevy Citation I believe.

To ad insult to injury, I had to crawl halfway under the car today to fix it's ever more leaking exhaust. The rear half was trying desperatly to seperate itself from under the car. But I was able to fix that with some good 'ole McGyver Gooberwelds...

The car that hit me was another but newer Opel. An Opel Astra. But not much damage there. Just some scuff marks on the grille and bumper, which was slightly out of alignment.
                  Last edited by BigBlockMopar; May 11, 2011, 01:04 PM.
                  www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

astra did crappy here , but they spiffed up the body and call it the chevy cruze

Comment

Hey nothing wrong with Opel Kadetts, it was A-1 Automatic and the Opel Converter that brought the NHRA Stock & Super Stock Powerglides back from obscurity in the late 60's & early 70's, been there, done that!
                      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

It adds character, I'd keep driving it.
                        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

It also seems to make people think twice before cutting me off...
                          But as long as my Dart is still in the garage, I will be driving it. But only this month, because in June the 'Heap' is due for it's yearly checkup which it definitly won't pass this time.
                          So the Dart needs to be up and running before that, but that won't be such a problem I think.
                          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Working...
                          X