X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are folks not posting as much?

And for that matter, why are the regulars not
    posting nearly as much as usual?

(This includes me, but I've been mucho busy)

Because I'm so broke it's a challenge just putting gas in my car let alone doing fun stuff (although I did just score a mint black 70 skylark dash at Canfield).
    Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

It is that time of year Bill...seems that right around Memorial Day the activity on any board I have been a member of takes a nose dive...and sometime around Labor Day it picks back up....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

'Cuz my new job makes me live 300 miles from my tools and my truck. In an apartment with no parking... FML...
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

maybe cause people want to get out of the cabin they've been in..
          or don't like change..

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2 View Post
            It is that time of year Bill...seems that right around Memorial Day the activity on any board I have been a member of takes a nose dive...and sometime around Labor Day it picks back up....

true, been like that a long time. colleges too, spring break onward.. dead net.

the car forums get the northern summer chores posted..

I dive in about this time of year until sept.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich View Post
              Because I'm so broke it's a challenge just putting gas in my car let alone doing fun stuff (although I did just score a mint black 70 skylark dash at Canfield).
              trade you for a mint green one
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Because I had to go back to dial up just before the changeover. It takes forever to open any page with multiple pictures, and even the ones without pics still drive me nuts because they take forever. That will be remedied as soon as I can, and I'll be back to my annoying self before too long.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Because this is too much of a change for us Old Guys, Hell I haven't even figured out how to post pictures on this site yet.
                  sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Because it's a lovely day and I've been out cruising in my Studebaker.
                    (and I still hate the new forum)
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

It does seem that there have a lot more hits
                      on the threads that are posted.

I've slowed down a bit because I've been
                      so damn busy.
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Perhaps it seems less also because the automatic blog-topics are not posted anymore.

I caught myself not looking at the portal that much anymore since the new forumsoftware because I'm not reminded of new blogpostings on the portal.
                        But I'm sure Chad and Brian are still working on that.
                        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I come in through the front door so the page gets it's hit count, so I usually see the blog items, but I think some of it has to do with appearances. When we had the autofeed like BBM is talking about, I'd see topics I wouldn't normally comment on where somebody said something prompting me to post. (Spidey's infamous one-liners maybe)

The new format probably keeps us more on target Bill. Less likely to derail topics, maybe? It seems less lively, but I can't find the post counts so I can't say for sure. The old forum had a daily breakdown and it was interesting to watch the patterns.

Other than that, I'm spending all weekend at the lake where things continue to demand more time than they should.

You've been very quiet for months, any particular reason?
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

figured after I was banned during the upgrade I needed to watch my self.

like everyone else been busy, but my car is not progressing like i would hope do to family obligations, work, etc.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Just before the big change I got a smart phone so now I do all my web cruiseing on it. This format just isn't quite as easy for me to respond to threads so I lurk more.I'm still here. As time goes on I'll get better at it.I didn't come thru the big change unscathed. Had to add L98 in-between Hoosier and grand and I!! went from hero to a newby.And since I'm on the phone most times I haven't gotten my lame avtar pic back up. And how in the word it get drives an automatic.Used to say stick shifts rule.Think Chad or Brian is messing with me!
                              Last edited by Dan Barlow; May 13, 2011, 06:05 AM.
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X