Camaro stolen in New Jersey in 1975 recovered in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro stolen in New Jersey in 1975 recovered in California

...returned with some serious upgrades too...

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
    ...returned with some serious upgrades too...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...-in-california
    wow.
    I lost a chevelle to some evil dealings with a tow/impound disappearing act but got no help.

I ponder it is out there with insane upgrades, unethically legal. I got some voodoo flying anyway.

cool story.

it did state they had to "find the VIN"?
    what does that mean?
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Sounds to me like he was looking for a way out of the deal, Paid 28k for it but after driving figured it was only worth 15-16 so he started digging found out it was stolen and got his 28k back the reason he does not mind loosing the shiping cost is he did not have to take the 12k hit from paying to much. If the insureance company paid out for the car when it was stolen would it not be theirs now? (not that I agree but sounds like something they would say)
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
        Sounds to me like he was looking for a way out of the deal, Paid 28k for it but after driving figured it was only worth 15-16 so he started digging found out it was stolen and got his 28k back the reason he does not mind loosing the shiping cost is he did not have to take the 12k hit from paying to much. If the insureance company paid out for the car when it was stolen would it not be theirs now? (not that I agree but sounds like something they would say)
        incorrect.. reason heres kool with loose'n the shipping cost. is he could of lost it all.
        cops don't care if you paid 28k for it.. it's stollen and you get nada..
        you'd burn through the 28k in court try'n to get your money back..

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
          Theft insurance wasn't that common back in the day before mandated auto insurance. There might not of been any payment, so it'd still fall with the original owner. The buyer probably had e-bay purchase insurance, and the e-bay insurance will take the seller to court to recoup cost.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yeah, Newark is about 25 miles from me. It was probably the in the top ten locations for stolen cars in the country. Back in the mid 70's when I worked in Palisades Park, which was about 10 miles from Newark, a co-worker had his 63 Impala stole 3 times. There were so many accidents from chases of stolen cars the cops wouldn't even chase them any more.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
              Yeah, Newark is about 25 miles from me. It was probably the in the top ten locations for stolen cars in the country. Back in the mid 70's when I worked in Palisades Park, which was about 10 miles from Newark, a co-worker had his 63 Impala stole 3 times. There were so many accidents from chases of stolen cars the cops wouldn't even chase them any more.

My father had his '63 impala stolen twice. Once in '68, and then in '72.
              The second time it was gone like 6 months. His friend then saw it driving around. They got it back. and had to go to the police station NEWARK to tell them take it off the "hot" list.

My question is, if it still had the original VIN, how then did the seller register it in his name?
              58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

My friend who works for AAA has told me that '60's Impalas are #1 for getting stolen in the last year here in the LA area. It's also the reason I can't get classic car insurance with them now. They now require a garage and I don't have one. Although, three cars they had to pay off on were in garages when they got ripped. The only thing I feel better is that the cars being stolen are all high end restored, high dollar cars which my is not.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

id still make sure I had it chained down to a concrete anchor.
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                  X