• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^ I'm with Whelk on this one.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
      ya, they are all just carry'n an extra plate..
      ya, it usually takes a little time to figure out your car has been stolen, unless you got car jacked. Say your at work, and you go to the parking lot... your car is gone. Did they need to be carry'n an extra plate?
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
        ya, it usually takes a little time to figure out your car has been stolen, unless you got car jacked. Say your at work, and you go to the parking lot... your car is gone. Did they need to be carry'n an extra plate?
        ya ya your right, you're ####ing right, why not leave the keys on the dash and leave it unlocked with gas money on the seat..

Comment

Originally posted by Whelk View Post
          I don't see the big deal. This isn't set up so that anyone can look you up via plate. The company (Bump) acts as a proxy. You text them with a plate number, then the owner, if they've signed up receives a text. It strikes me as a big so what.

Picture this;
          Let's say, in time, this company gathers around, say 500.000 or a million plates and their accompaning owners info and phonenumbers.
          After some years, the hype passes, the company struggles and goes belly up. The remains get bought up by some one else.
          What do you think happens to that awesome database full of personal information? What if that info falls into the hands of some greedy broker looking to cash in on all this interesting information?

Another example, although being a bit more extreme, but it gets the point across way better;
          In the late '30s in western Europe, people also thought that the 'gubment registering peoples believes couldn't hurt much... Until that gubment was overthrown.

Result: Over 1 million people... Dead.

Perhaps you see the 'big deal' now.
          When people or companies find it 'interesting' or 'profitable' to start gathering personal information on a large scale, EVERYONE should be alert.
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
            Picture this;
            Let's say, in time, this company gathers around, say 500.000 or a million plates and their accompaning owners info and phonenumbers.
            After some years, the hype passes, the company struggles and goes belly up. The remains get bought up by some one else.
            What do you think happens to that awesome database full of personal information? What if that info falls into the hands of some greedy broker looking to cash in on all this interesting information?

Another example, although being a bit more extreme, but it gets the point across way better;
            In the late '30s in western Europe, people also thought that the 'gubment registering peoples believes couldn't hurt much... Until that gubment was overthrown.

When people or companies find it 'interesting' or 'profitable' to start gathering personal information on a large scale, EVERYONE should be alert.
            well. if the gov has it's way obIII will do all that for the owner without them knowing..

Comment

Won't be succesful. Only stupid people would throw away another part of their privacy like that, just like the ones that also put their entire lifestories on FB for instance.
              And look how unpopular that is.... Oh wait...
              We've all heard the line"Can't fix STUPID!!!!"
              Sean
              LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
              Drivin' it home!
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...h-Expectations.
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for much.
              But they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

Picture this;

You do realize the DMV already has this information? The IRS and the Social Security Administration too.

The big bad corps also have our credit card information.

So yet another database, that matches my plate to my cell number? They might try to sell me stuff. The horror, the horror...

Comment

Swell. Just one more A-hole calling me up trying to sell crap I don't want.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver View Post
                    Swell. Just one more A-hole calling me up trying to sell crap I don't want.
                    as seen as it works by e mail or text I don't think you'll be getting a call..

Comment

Working...
                    X