• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear the news peewee.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Sorry to hear PDub. It always sucks to lose a pet.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Good Bye, Frecklee. Happy kitty heaven for you.

PW and your beloved Sue Unit - hugs from NC (or FL right now). I know how this stings - but you'll have wonderful memories of how he filled your life with stuff you didn't have pre-Frecklee.

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan, Blu, Tom, everybody. I aplogize ahead of time for bumping this depressing thread again, but it's been a few days and I think it's worth a tale. It may actually be uplifting if I can tell it right.

I depends opon what you believe, and it doesn't matter from one of us to the next what any of us believe, but here's our slant on the whole thing. I think after a few days I at least have my wits about me to at least be able to type it up.

First, a press release, we had Frecklee put to sleep. He was so old and tired and suffering so much, we SENT him to cat heaven. It was a tough, agonizing thing to do. Over the course of a few weeks, we decided three times to take him. And on the day and the hour, neither of us could do it on the day or the time. It was like, "He's not as bad today as he was yesterady." And so it went on.

The day and time arrived. I took the day off of work, I koew we had to do it together. Sue Unit wanted to attend Frecklee's passing, but I just couldn't stand it. She proverbially held his hand while he left. I'm a candy ass, ot ashamed of it, I don't want to watc death happen. So she attended and Freck's gone to cat heaven. I waited outside. I have no balls for stuff like that. It was done and over.

It was a tough ride home across town. We didn't say a lot, just rubbing each other. Unit finally said, "His little soul went straight to heaven, I felt it."

Unit was raised Catholic, and if I have it right there are various means of passage, like Purgatory or something. Anyhow, according to Unit, Frecklee went straight to heaven. She felt it.

We got home and Unit said, "What do we do with his stuff?"

Freck had cat towers and jumpers and a litterbox and cat stuff all over, in addition to the the fact that the whole house was his, too. Every table and chair and flat surface, fair game for him. After all, at Weeville, pets rule.

And all of his stuff was clawed up and worn out after the 13 years we had with him. (We got him "used" at 3 years of age).

So we put it all out by the street. A pile of worn-out cat equipment. Unit said it looked like Freck's wife had thrown him out to the curb. We don't have any intention to get another cat anytime soon, and Freck's stuff is clawed up and worn out. Except for the tall tower. After all that time, it still looks like new.

Soon after, and I mean SOON after we got home and cleared out the cat stuff, a very well dressed man rang our doorbell. He was from a local establishment that is a no-kill animal shelter. He wanted Frecklee's tallest tower for their big cat room, where all the cats play together.

So Frecklee got to cat heaven and started working on things quickly. And he sent this angel to pick up his old tower to help other cats...well, that's getting too deep for here, I'm sure....

That's what stress will get you. But that's what we think. We sure do.
          Last edited by pdub; May 26, 2011, 02:35 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Peewee,
            My cat isnt doing too well right now (going on 22 years old) and your last post made me feel better. Leonora and I are going through the usual, getting ready for the inevitable .
            Thank You,
            Bruce
            www.FBthrottlebodies.com
            Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Godspeed, Bruce. And thank YOU. It's a hard road. It sure is.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

PW - you could be wrong. But........ you could be right. Either way, you enriched his life and you enriched his. That's what friends do.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                X