mabie this is why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mabie this is why

mabie this is why i get around 8 to 10mpg in the bronco.
    3000rpm @70 mph. this is also why it takes me so long to get to lumpkin ga from tampa fl. ;D
    how about you guys?

Re: mabie this is why

That's close to what my 79 runs at. Its got 3.55's and 29" tires, C6 3speed. Wouldn't be too aweful bad if I was running a small block, but the 460 doesn't like to rev. I'm considering going to 3.25's or 3.08's. The 460 has enough torque to pull them at lower speeds, it's not really a drag truck anyway, just a cruiser.
    Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Mabie.... ;)

Comment

this is an 85 with 3.73 and 31" tires and a c-6 with a nice 351w, yes, not a drag truck but a nice off-road fun maker!! 8)

Comment

3:91 gears in a 1500 dodge ram with the 360 and 35" tires @ 75mph = 9.5mpg @ anout 2500 to 300 rpm......life sucks....

Comment

My Drag Week Car 3200 at 60 MPH 5500 stall towing a trailer 10.5 mpg, and runs high nines 8)

2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

LOL...I run about high 20's.......

Comment

The gearing will hurt mileage, but being a Bronco doesn't help, all that weight and air resistance.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Big Orange (a '76 Chevy w/ 36's, 350 4-speed and 4.56 gears) was good for 6 mpg. That was a one-owner truck with 112,000 miles I bought in Oregon in 2000 for $4000. It rusted out in about six years back here on the east coast. Life sucks.
                  The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

My '74 with the stroker has 4.10's in a 14-bolt. I don't know how fast I'm going, because the speedo doesn't work, but I cruise on the freeway at 3400-3600 RPM. Also don't know what the mileage is, because with no speedo, there's not odometer. I'm not sure I want to know. 8)

Comment

JeffMcKc your malibu is the shit, thats a real chevy right there.Your car and the F-Bomb make my 66' c10 feel like honda :'(

is it still running the small block it had at Drag week...like a 427ci or something??

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                        The gearing will hurt mileage, but being a Bronco doesn't help, all that weight and air resistance.

it is kinda like a box with weels. when i take it to ga, to help with miliage i lock out the vaccume secondaries so they wont open. even with the "black" spring installed, they open a little at 3000 + rpm. but hey, it rides nicer than most so thats ok 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Joes66chevy
                          JeffMcKc your malibu is the shit, thats a real chevy right there.
                          +1
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Joes66chevy
                            JeffMcKc your malibu is the shit, thats a real chevy right there.Your car and the F-Bomb make my 66' c10 feel like honda :'(

is it still running the small block it had at Drag week...like a 427ci or something??
                            I am putting in my small 23* ( 420 ) motor for the Pump Gas Drags and going to spray it, its not much less power than the 427 and will throw a 200 shot on top of the EFI set up should be over 800HP. I will be getting the 427 ready for Drag Week with a new cam and intake, and EFI this year. I hope to pick-up the pace some.

Thanks guys it means a lot to hear my car thought of in this way.
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I get about 10-11 mpg on the highway with my small block 'burban. A '88 3/4 ton 'burban. Towing a enclosed equipment trailer...

I've been palying around with some ideas to make it a little more aero... hard to do with a brick, lol...

MAYBE if I play around with some Airtabs, it may make a difference... Also looking into an over drive... Maybe a diesel swap down the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X