Saw this on the freeway Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw this on the freeway Sunday

We were headed down to Grapevine to meet our new rescue puppy (first picture) when I first saw this car rolling down I-5. It surprised me when I realized he was easily carrying 70-75 mph and looked stable going down the road. I've only ever seen cars channeled this low on city streets.

As luck would have it, they stopped for gas at the same place we planned for our meeting. I was filling up my truck and they pulled in right behind me so I grabbed my phone (sorry left camera at home) and asked if I could take some pix and put them on BS. He said cool so I shot away. They were a couple of really cool guys on their way back to LA from Santa Rosa.

I asked some questions and here's what I got: It's actually his wifes car that he built but he's not part of a shop. It's based on a '30 two door. It has a Y block with 3 Strombergs that apparently gets better mileage than they thought. I believe it had freeway gears but can't remember for sure. It only has a 10 gallon tank so they were stopping every hour and 15 minutes. At this stop it only took about a third of a tank. It didn't seem real comfortable but it looked and sounded cool.

Saw the bike at a stop on the way back to water the dog and let him water the weeds.

If you look closely you can see the big BS sticker in the lower right corner of my back window.

Enjoy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dignlif; May 19, 2011, 04:00 PM.
    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Very cool!
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
    X