No announcement yet.

World ends Sat.May 21st.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used that line on Kerri every day this week. I just keep telling her that they're adjusting the date!

^^^^
    Through all this she stays with you - AMAZING!
    Last edited by milner351; May 20, 2011, 09:01 AM.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

oh you guys have it all wrong - it's just the rapture, only the good folks are going away. Which is a good thing, because I have Pirates of the Caribean 4 in 3D at the IMAX tickets for 10 pm Sat night. I'd hate to miss that
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        I thought it was 2012
        Yeah, me too, exactly. So what's up?

Of course all it takes is one typer of a story on a big home page somewhere to get the date wrong, and all the other media agencies dogpile on. I'm with ya, it was supposed to be 2012.

Uhhhhh, where's the copy editor these days? I guess they don't have one anywhere anymore.

Heck, the news stories on the web are fraught with typos and mis-use of common words, sometimes it seems like they must have teenage interns doing it. But don't point it back at me, I can't type or spell, either. And they are in an insane hurry these days to get it out, where back in the day they had an hour or two to study what they'd typed, at least.

But back in the day, things in publication were spelled right and analyzed before they went out to the general public. Back in the day, and eveybody sat around the TV and worshipped when the president spoke on TV, as well.

Yeah, back in the day. Not sure now if any of that was such a great thing, we were all just programmed to be gullible.
        Last edited by pdub; May 20, 2011, 12:34 PM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
          Yeah, me too, exactly. So what's up?

Of course all it takes is one typer of a story on a big home page somewhere to get the date wrong, and all the other media agencies dogpile on. I'm with ya, it was supposed to be 2012.

Uhhhhh, where's the copy editor these days? I guess they don't have one anywhere anymore.

Heck, the news stories on the web are fraught with typos and mis-use of common words, sometimes it seems like they must have teenage interns doing it. But don't point it back at me, I can't type or spell, either. And they are in an insane hurry these days to get it out, where back in the day they had an hour or two to study what they'd typed, at least.

But back in the day, things in publication were spelled right and analyzed before they went out to the general public. Back in the day, and eveybody sat around the TV and worshipped when the president spoke on TV, as well.

Yeah, back in the day. Not sure now if any of that was such a great thing, we were all just programmed to be gullible.
          Squirrel said it best......

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          Nutjobs get worked up about because....well....they're nuts.

Others like the entertainment.

btw, don't confuse tomorrow's christian nutjob event with next year's mayan nutjob event.
          Last edited by TC; May 20, 2011, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
            Getting a group together for End of the World looting...
            Dang, Gail! I was hoping to fall in with the "Raping and Pillageing" group. Any idea where they're meeting?

Dan

Comment

I gotta idee. (That's Southern for, "I have had a profound revelation.")

Let all at an agreed time run around outside naked screaming, "Butterflies are beautiful." We might as well. After all, it won't at all matter tomorrow.

Who's in? And let's take photos. And post the photos of the women only, those are the only ones I want to see. We can post them before the power goes off on the day the world ends.

I think the Cleveland TN police at the time will be too busy with other cataclysmic things than to worry with us.

Who's in?

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                Dang... I wonder how many high school and college guys are gonna pull the line "Come'on baby, the world is ending tomorrow ya know."

lol
                School kids hell, I told the wife I'm going out with a bang, and I'd be setting my alarm for 2am so we can have at it, she said " just as long as you don't wake me, and clean up your mess when your done, go for it".

I guess I'm to take that as a green light lol.

My luck, the world will go on, she'll be mad at the mess I made on her, and DIDN'T clean up.
                Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13 View Post
                  School kids hell, I told the wife I'm going out with a bang, and I'd be setting my alarm for 2am so we can have at it, she said " just as long as you don't wake me, and clean up your mess when your done, go for it".

I guess I'm to take that as a green light lol.

My luck, the world will go on, she'll be mad at the mess I made on her, and DIDN'T clean up.
                  Well,this is better than my plan of driving my Mustang all night,to hell with gas prices at 8MPG,I aint gonna have to pay the CC bill!

My wife said go a head and drive your car......

Comment

only the good leave may21 at 6pm eastern time..
                    us sinners have to wait till 12/21/12

Comment

We're an hour into the 21th day of May here already and at least this side of the planet is still here.

Anybody else out there? Hello!
                      Is this thing on...?!
                      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
                        We're an hour into the 21th day of May here already and at least this side of the planet is still here.

Anybody else out there? Hello!
                        Is this thing on...?!
                        I just saw a bird fly by the window going real fast. I'm sure it was heading to a safe place, away from the disaster. They say animals know more than we do about worldly things. But if the world ends, there's no safe place.

I'm now thinking....back in high school, there may have been a library book I didn't ever return.

Is that a sin, or an obmission? It matters, if the world ends.

Comment

bull

I can't get off that easy

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                            bull

I can't get off that easy

I think we'll all survive. Or, will we?

Comment

Comment

I installed a/c early, cuz its gonna be hot ya know.
                                fires and stuff.
                                Previously boxer3main
                                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X