Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up my newest toy this weekend. BS approved????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up my newest toy this weekend. BS approved????

Purchased this vintage John Deere 300. It runs good, the hydraulics work good, has a bunch of new parts including loaded rear tires.
    It's going to need the carb rebuilt along with some other things I want to do.
    Anyone here have experience with these so I can pick your brain when I need to ?
    Attached Files
    sigpicJohn Castelli
    www.gonecruisincarclub.com

That rules. Definitely BS approved. Everyone should have one.
    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Neat!
      That Cougar looks nice too!

Comment

Hell yeah! Great score, especially with the new rear meats.

What are your plans for it? It'll be a great snow mover!

Color me jealous!

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

my dream is to own a tractor...just because they are cool.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Very nice. I had a couple 300 JD's at work years back. They served our dept. well for 30+ years. Either a Zenith or Marvel-Schulber carb most likely, kits are common at Tractor Supply, and easy to install.

If it's a hydro shuttle shift, put some Lucas or KW hydr. additive in it, helps smooth things in the shift dept. Both are common at NAPA.
            Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Looks like a nice machine. I'm assuming it's an industrial model with the yellow paint? Hard to find industrials with 3 point hitch setups.
              Still plays with trucks....

Comment

I bought the house I'm in now about a year and a half ago. 12 acres, and I mow around 5 to 6 of those. The rest is overgrown woods. I want to make a path around the perimeter of my property and I'm hoping this will help.
                sigpicJohn Castelli

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
                  That rules. Definitely BS approved. Everyone should have one.
                  I thought I was the only one that didn't...
                  sigpicJohn Castelli

Comment

SWEET!

I hope to own a piece of property that makes such a cool implement necessary - nice work!

Before long I'm sure you're going to wonder how you lived without it.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

as said every one needs one!!!
                      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

That's what's so great about living in the country, get to have all those neat toys! I've got a '52 8N with a cycle bar.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Now I'm starting to feel good about my purchase.
                          I'm hoping to be able to get the rear PTO parts to make it operational. My ultimate wish would have been to have it with the backhoe attachment.

Now, here's the rest of the story. I bought it from my wife's Step-mother for $1000.
                          My Father-in-Law passed a couple months back. I'm going to be picking up a 66,000 mile '79 Nova that's he bought in 1989 from a little old lady and stored it, never even registering it. Car is really clean overall.
                          The car is free, and his dog that she couldn't handle was free too, but I had to buy the tractor.
                          sigpicJohn Castelli

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                            Neat!
                            That Cougar looks nice too!
                            Thanks. An Upstate New York survivor still wearing it's original top.
                            sigpicJohn Castelli

Comment

I'm jealous! We moved out of town a few years ago and have almost 10 acres. Only about 3 1/2 acres needs mowing. My little Craftman lawn tractor does that pretty well. Still my eyes light up whenever I see an old tractor on the side of the road for sale. At some point I will find a logical reason for needed an old tractor. And yes I would vote for your tractor being BS approved.

Comment

Working...
                              X