Everyone OK in MO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone OK in MO?

Do we have any BS'ers in the Joplin, MO area? Seeing the photos from that tornado, it got me to wondering if everyone was alright.

I know Monk is from Missouri, just not sure what part. I hope everyone is doing alright.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Monk is on the eastern side of MO, just south of me in St Louis.
    Joplin is the opposite side of the state. My heart goes out to them, and pray for everybody involved.

Comment

i am just west of st louis and we r good we just got alot of hail and wind, supposed to get more today

Comment

Jill & Chuck (65Marlin -) own the Silverleaf Pub in Springfield, MO. 65 miles away it says on the members MAP - they look to be the closest to Joplin
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

We are close to the KS Speedway its going on both sides of us nothing like down South Lucky for me.
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

With all these crazy Twisters that have been going on, I have to say I'm feeling pretty lucky to be living here in Phoenix were we don't get tornadoes........... In fact we don't get any really bad weather to speak of, other than it gets a little hot for 3-4 months of the year...........

Comment

We got some huge hail here Saturday in Topeka, along with some really wicked looking funnel clouds. Just south of us, between Topeka and Emporia, the little town of Reading, KS (pop. 250) got wiped off the map by an F3 tornado. Sadly, there was one fatality.

My heart and thoughts go out to those in Joplin, MO. My dad graduated from high school in Joplin and my aunt was born there. I really feel for these folks. A couple of the 4X4 clubs here in Topeka have volunteered to drive down to Joplin and assist in the search & rescue efforts with winches and chainsaws. It is about a 3-1/2 hour drive for them.

Storms are gearing up to hit for the next couple days all around this area. I hope we never see anything like this again.

Ron
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

im 25 miles away, I just got back from joplin, its real bad!! went to offer help took some food, water, clothes, and med. supplys
                it didnt look like joplin any more. alot of people looking for missing relitives, pretty sad. a lady from are church lost her sister, and a lady at a shelter, that i was at, told a worker her husband was dead.
                COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Cobey,

Man, you are one upstanding guy. It's cool you went to offer assistance. I am sorry for your friend's loss. Keep us posted.

Ron
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

thanks, but I felt pretty worthless compared to the trained medical personel, I prayed alot while i was there
                    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

As stated earlier, Monk is on the eastern side of the state and I'm 20 minutes south of him. No tornados here this weekend, just more rain.
                      GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

i have family in that area of eastern kansas, western missouri, and northern arkansas (thats where my mom is from ) I havent heard anything from my mom yet but if something happened im sure i would of heard something from them by now

edit - if i remember correctly one of the BS members is from Pittsburg KS, bout 40 minutes west of joplin
                        Last edited by BOOOGHAR; May 23, 2011, 04:56 PM.
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Cobey, you get the "Atta Boy" today, for sure. There are talkers and there are doers - you DID. I've never been in a position to help like you did (we seem to just send money) but I'd like to think I'd man up like you did.

Best Positive Energy to all in this weather mess.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                            i have family in that area of eastern kansas, western missouri, and northern arkansas (thats where my mom is from ) I havent heard anything from my mom yet but if something happened im sure i would of heard something from them by now

edit - if i remember correctly one of the BS members is from Pittsburg KS, bout 40 minutes west of joplin
                            I wish your family well. Next time you are in the neighborhood, gimme a jingle in Topeka.

The BS member from the Pittsburg area is Cobey. He is a great guy and has a huge heart. Cobey, you da man!

Ron

Comment

Reed Timmer just posted this on his fan page on facebook - "Tomorrow (tuesday the 24th) looks like historic tornado outbreak in KS-OK. Please be constantly aware of watches/warnings in this area"

Reed is one of the main guys on the tv show Storm Chasers on Discovery and I follow his chases and when he makes a prediction like that 9 times outta 10 hes right
                              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                              X