Ultimate Cannonball Run Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Cannonball Run Car

I just read the Brock Yates book covering the history of the Cannonball run and it got me thinking about the best vehicle for such a race. I thought a Mercury Grand Marque, with Crown Vic cop car suspention bits and a 03-04Mustang Cobra engine. Also giant fuel tank in trunk, but way stock out side.

so a mercury marauder with a fuel cell and a blower ?

Comment

ULTIMATE CANNONBALL RUN. Tell him to bring it to DragWeek

Comment

Juist day dreaming, and yeah would be pretty close to a Marauder. Reading it reminded me of Drag Week in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
          so a mercury marauder with a fuel cell and a blower ?
          :twothumbsup:

that book is a great read btw
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Yeah like the van with 55 gallon drums of fuel inside

Comment

My pick..

The term classic car is commonly used to describe old cars, but the opinion about which cars that can be considered classical cars and which ones that are simply old cars vary among car enthusiasts. Some consider all older cars to be classical, at least as long as they are in fine condition, while others […]

"Looking for a fast truck? This 1989 Chevrolet S-10 is a sleeper, with a powerful 350 V8, Turbo 400 transmission, and 10 bolt rear end with 4.10 gears! The engine and transmission are believed to be from a 1978 Chevrolet truck. New parts include battery, tires, fuel pressure regulator, carburetor rebuild, fuel pump, and paint. Please, call 800-231-3616 for additional details."

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-ten.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	855086

* Stock appearing, fleet white, looks like a service truck
              * A plethora of OEM upgrades are readily available
              * Small, Light weight
              * Perfect LS 6spd candidate
              * 6ft Bed = more fuel capacity
              * It's a Chevy :cD
              Last edited by tardis454; May 23, 2011, 05:00 PM.

Comment

thats what i didnt realize til after i read the book that the vehicles in Gumball Rally and Cannonball Run were based loosely on actual events
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I think the marauder mentioned above painted in cop colors with a official looking seal the in small print says security (so the cops leave you alone when parked for gas) with one of those modules that flip light to green and set of run flats and elec. cutouts to shut it up while needed would be the best

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
                    Yeah like the van with 55 gallon drums of fuel inside

That would be the van Oscar Koveleski built and drove. Something with the fuel pumps or switch valves to a crap not to far in if I remember. I've meet Oscar many times, he ran a hobby shop in front of his race shop in Scranton PA, I use to blow all my allowance there on slot cars.

信息时代让人们畅享着富足信息盛宴带来的便利,我们才能从海量的信息中寻找【a彩平台登陆】的目标信息,可能有些时候确实是搜索引擎的收录中并没有这样的相关信息,但是也有很多时候是因为我们没有掌握全面的搜索引擎搜索技巧,特别是在组合搜索和特殊符号方面应用的不到位。
                    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

a stock looking turbocharged honda with a huge gas tank and a quiet exhaust is what id build for a race like this.

fast, good mileage, cops would look right past it too
                      formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                      http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

The Hondas are dead for your purpose...cops look at them as race-bait. I'd go for a '92-'96 GM B-Body wagon with LT-1, blower, GV, and the rear seats out. Depending on your driver situation, either a sleeping area or more fuel storage, leave the outside stock appearing.
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I see your Tradesman van and raise you...

Last edited by BangShift McT; May 23, 2011, 09:41 PM.
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                              The Hondas are dead for your purpose...cops look at them as race-bait. I'd go for a '92-'96 GM B-Body wagon with LT-1, blower, GV, and the rear seats out. Depending on your driver situation, either a sleeping area or more fuel storage, leave the outside stock appearing.
                              ya, when theyre lowered with wheels and spoilers and lips on them, i mean 100% stock looking, with hubcaps and everything, make it a 4dr for even more of a stealth factor. you could even leave the d-series in it to save money if you wanted, put forged pistons in it, turbo it to 300hp (plenty fast in a 2100lb car before weight reduction) and have less than $3k into a car that would get 40mpg when youre not making boost and go well over 150mph

cop magnet? i think not....

formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                              http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Working...
                              X