No announcement yet.

Ultimate Cannonball Run Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a Men in Black style Vic? Sounds like fun.... always wanted to build a sleeper like that.

Comment

I prefer the Dennis Menesini approach.

However, I do like the idea of a hot B-body with boost...

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13 View Post
        That would be the van Oscar Koveleski built and drove. Something with the fuel pumps or switch valves to a crap not to far in if I remember. I've meet Oscar many times, he ran a hobby shop in front of his race shop in Scranton PA, I use to blow all my allowance there on slot cars.

http://www.oscarkoveleski.com/
        The Auto World catalog was the best!

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
          thats what i didnt realize til after i read the book that the vehicles in Gumball Rally and Cannonball Run were based loosely on actual events
          I enjoyed reading those books - it's also interesting that the biggest issue wasn't cops, but lack of sleep.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Yea - I'm liking the wagon idea for the sleep deprivation issue - like the old patina'd LS powered dodge coupe in a recent hotrod - you got to have a place for one driver to crash and do the driving in shifts.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

You guys with the big gas tanks must have bladders to match.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

My crew cab one ton has a 44 gallon tank and I average close to 19mpg on the highway - my bladder can't last that long!

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  My crew cab one ton has a 44 gallon tank and I average close to 19mpg on the highway - my bladder can't last that long!
                  eventually salt will rust a urinal for you in the floor
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

perfect place for a funnel!

Comment

Originally posted by stoneshrink View Post
                      eventually salt will rust a urinal for you in the floor
                      Oh man that reminded me of a funny story.....I was with someone that tried to pee through a hole in the floor. The air gets kinda crazy under a car at speed, like its pressurizied or something......It didn't work out like he thought, if you know what I mean.
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

The long distance motorcycle riders use a funnel with a long hose attached. Make the hose long enough to go out the side or out the back.
                        Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

As much as I hate minivans this would be my pick, the 2011 Caravan with the 283 horse V6. My buddy who works for Chrysler has one of these for a company car and we found out that it flat walks away from my Crown Vic. He also says with the speed limiter off it will do close to 140. Just remove the rear seats and replace with a huge fuel tank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-dodge-caravan-u_800x0w.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	855103
                          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                            You guys with the big gas tanks must have bladders to match.
                            just bring some 1 gallon jugs like a trucker and toss em when they get full
                            formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                            http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

+ a few for the Marauder,I had one and if you drive it like a cop,people get out of your way,a set of long tube headers and a tune to remove the speed limiter, big brakes and set that sucker on 125 all day long.

That was the best,most comfortable all day,over the limit cruiser I've ever had. Tear in my eye,I wish I still had it......

Comment

A deisel truck would also have it's merits

Comment

Working...
                                X