Ultimate Cannonball Run Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stoneshrink View Post
    that would be awesome.... call the Freiburger cup.
    Start in LA with $1000, 20 lbs of tools and no vehicle.
    First one to make a pass at englishtown wins!

Comment

Originally posted by 98ciHemi View Post
      I would say my Focus with a tune, cai, and an additional fuel cell. Absolute anonymity, comfortable seats, and it doesn't have to kill itself to keep triple digit speeds. Running at those speeds you would probably be able to get better than 20 mpg, so figure carrying 30 gallons of fuel and you can easily outlast the driver's bladder. I would imagine that you might run into some issues with liveabilty due to turning about 4k at speed, so I wouldn't try it twice on the same engine.

My record on the car is 421 miles in 7 hours. Average speed of 60 mph, no stops from leaving till I pulled into the school lot. And that was largely obeying the speed limit, probably 3-5 over in in 55 zones.

focus and confertable seats are not words i would use in the same sentance lol

i think the seats are horrible and they wreck my back something fierce
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Aircooled View Post
        Start in LA with $1000, 20 lbs of tools and no vehicle.
        First one to make a pass at englishtown wins!
        Dude, you have just come up with one of the greatest ideas of all time. Seriously, that is freaking awesome.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
          Dude, you have just come up with one of the greatest ideas of all time. Seriously, that is freaking awesome.
          me and my friends have wanted to do something like this for the longest time, buy a car for like $500 and race across the country with it or something like that haha
          Last edited by 1988montecarloss 2; May 27, 2011, 06:39 PM.
          formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
          http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Working...
          X