Crusty Old Man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusty Old Man?

So over the last couple days I've almost twice been in a fight while driving. The latest one was as I was pulling out of a parking lot,and some young goof who had a lot of trouble just backing out of his spot tries to leave the parking lot and pulls into the left turn lane to do it. I start to pull up alongside in the right turn lane and this d*ck proceeds to turn right from the left lane. He eventually sees me and honks his horn and I immediately give him the one finger salute. He gets all bent out of shape and backs up alongside me and the yelling ensues. I try to explain what was going on, he won't listen and threatens to come over and beat on me. Now I'm not that big a man but I don't take sh*t from anybody no matter how big they are (must be my Scottish blood) so I'm prepared to go but my inner voice is reminding me I'm a 52 yr old out of shape man and this is a 20 something yr old in pretty decent shape. So I figure if I don't get him on the ground with the first few hits I'm done for. I decide to back off and let it go.
    Now, as I said this was the second time in as many days. Just got me to wondering if I'm turning into a mean old man. Should I have just mellowed out and avoided any confrontation? Think I'm getting to old for this shit now but I find it hard to let go of something when I know I'm right.
    "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

I agree. Had a guy try something with me for the second time (I have encountered this jackass before) on the road today. I feel jaded about it and I'm only 25! I think people are just nastier in this day and age- hell, we condone MMA and other shit that involves hurting other people as "entertainment" in this day and age, so who can be all that surprised? Look at the ancient Greeks and Romans!
    Getting off on a tangent here. I'm sorry my generation is full of idiots, believe me, I am!
    Originally posted by A/Fuel
    I have a set of super pants, they work great!

Comment

I agree with Jim, alot of people nowdays are just meaner, nastier and STUPIDER than they used to be. And it's not just younger folks, it's people of every age.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I agree as well - it seems the vast majority of the population is brain dead when it comes to common sense - and especially the sense required to operate a motor vehicle within reasonable interpretation of the law!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Once I see someone's an idiot, I try to give them enough room to be an idiot without involving me. You just know they're going to pull one moron move after another.

Comment

you have two choices:
            1) get in shape
            or 2) get an equalizer

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Good point, or they pull a gun.

I see the new site doesn't "warn" you of another posting while you were typing like the old one did.
              Last edited by 70chevyC-10; May 24, 2011, 09:37 AM.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Whelk View Post
                Once I see someone's an idiot, I try to give them enough room to be an idiot without involving me. You just know they're going to pull one moron move after another.
                Good point - or they pull a gun.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

it isn't worth it, just let it go..

Comment

My Uncle follows them at a distance they can't see him. When they park somewhere he grabs his channel locks and pulls the valve stems out of 2 rims.
                    OH YEAH
                    Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Originally posted by hoofhearted View Post
                      My Uncle follows them at a distance they can't see him. When they park somewhere he grabs his channel locks and pulls the valve stems out of 2 rims.
                      Ha Ha that's hilarious. But seriously, you guys are right. Lifes to short to worry about that shite, I gotta learn to let it go, not worth it.
                      "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Back in the late 1990s, I was driving to the drag strip with my friend Brian. This was before the Big Dig project and Boston traffic was horrifying. Anyway, we're sitting in gridlock traffic, when two guys get out of their cars and square off. The pounded on one another for a couple minutes then walked back to their cars, still locked in traffic, and crept along like the rest of us. They looked so stupid, I decided I'd never let myself get that pissed while driving.

Screw 'em....not worth your time or the potential hassle when you thump one of them into a coma.

Brian
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by hoofhearted View Post

store security cameras make doing that a bit less safe...
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 25, 2011, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                            Back in the late 1990s, I was driving to the drag strip with my friend Brian. This was before the Big Dig project and Boston traffic was horrifying. Anyway, we're sitting in gridlock traffic, when two guys get out of their cars and square off. The pounded on one another for a couple minutes then walked back to their cars, still locked in traffic, and crept along like the rest of us. They looked so stupid, I decided I'd never let myself get that pissed while driving.

Screw 'em....not worth your time or the potential hassle when you thump one of them into a coma.

Brian
                            I thought that fighting was like going to the gym for the Irish in Boston... you mean they were really mad at each other?

Comment

I was on my way home about 16 years ago (I remember because I was 5 mos pregnant and hormonal) the highway we use is always pretty much just the same people and everybody knows the route. I had a girl in a Geo Metro come up beside me on the right as her lane was ending into mine she just moved on over, and I had to dodge left into the "empty" on coming traffic lane...WTF! of course I was pissed and now am stuck behind her, she never looked in her rearview mirror, like ya do when you know you screwed somebody...Another couple miles and we are into town so I am cooling off and deciding not to follow her to write her a letter. We came to the first light as it turned red She signaled right and I needed to go to the market so I signaled right also. she then turned left into the market parking lot and sped up! so I decided like a fool to follow her again...she left the parking lot and got onto a road that is parallel to the main drag with a few stop signs, by now I was about 6 cars behind her in a grey 86 Celebrity wagon (pretty much guarantees no one is looking at you). We did a few stops then I end up 2 cars behind her at a stop sign. She Stops and then goes and gets T-boned by a truck with some highschool guys driving, they had no stop sign. I left my number with them as a witness cuz sometimes young people get screwed in an accident. I went to the market and then to the house and was explaining to my family what had happened when the phone rings and it is the Highway Patrol...needless to say I did not tell them I had been stalking her for 9 miles, they just wanted to know what I saw.
                              So I believe that @hole drivers get whats coming to them and I always hope that they don't take anyone down with them.
                              I have given up stalking, but I will wash my windows if you are tailgating!
                              ~Gail
                              Last edited by LORENSWIFE; May 25, 2011, 08:58 AM.
                              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                              X