No announcement yet.

Crusty Old Man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In highschool we were caravaning out to some place and the guy behind me kept flashing his brights at me - I would brake check him each time he did it - and it had gone on way too long.

We stop at a light and I get out in a rage ready to pound his face in - and he yells out his window that he'd been trying to tell me my flip down gas cap had flipped down and everytime I brake checked gas was spilling out of the back of the car when the fuel sloshed.

I felt like an idiot - closed the gas cap and went on...

Road rage is easy to fall into but is never the right thing to do.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

There was a couple a few years back going thru a national park, they had a flat either on the motor home or a trailer and didn't know that it was down to the rim and creating sparks, tons of people were flashing their lights but they never pulled over. the said that they were "hardened to that kind of thing" and later found out they would be billed for the fire they started in the national park...
      ~Gail
      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

funny story - I was coming home from night school (how I graduated college), and this guy was tailgating me for literally miles. Had all sorts of opportunity to pass me, but didn't - kept his brights on... anyway still no idea what his malfunction was (until later). It's raining like the dickens, and I am going from one main road to another on an onramp. The middle of this onramp is lower then both ends and water had pooled in the middle. I have to anchor my brakes to keep from hydroplaning; but I'm watching the guy behind me because he has no reaction time available. I let off the brakes a millisecond before he'd hit me and manange to get through the puddle without flying off the onramp. Now he's really pissed, but more scared because he almost wrecked in the same puddle. So he flips me off as he shoots by me.... 1/4 of a mile later there is a motorcycle cop (remember, it's raining) - and by the time I get up with the cop who has stopped the guy, I can just see the rage on this guys face...... went home laughing the entire way. Next morning, I go to work and there, in the tow lot that is next to our shop, is the guy's car. Apparently he was not only stupid, but drunk too..... instant and delayed Karma both taste wonderful
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          In highschool we were caravaning out to some place and the guy behind me kept flashing his brights at me - I would brake check him each time he did it - and it had gone on way too long.

We stop at a light and I get out in a rage ready to pound his face in - and he yells out his window that he'd been trying to tell me my flip down gas cap had flipped down and everytime I brake checked gas was spilling out of the back of the car when the fuel sloshed.

I felt like an idiot - closed the gas cap and went on...

Road rage is easy to fall into but is never the right thing to do.
          I was talking to a friend about this very thing a few weeks ago. 20 years ago if someone honked their horn at you you'd smile and expect to see a friend of yours. Nowdays if someone honks at you your ready to kick their ass. What's happening to people?
          Last edited by Gary 351C; May 25, 2011, 09:07 PM.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
            Back in the late 1990s, I was driving to the drag strip with my friend Brian. This was before the Big Dig project and Boston traffic was horrifying.
            and it isn't now? ;)

Comment

Road rage has never given me an issue. I have noticed in the last year or so I have seen more people that seemed willing to take things to a fight. What I have seen and experienced is it that it comes down to whoever keeps their cool wins. The few scraps I have seen were either precipitated by really submissive or really aggressive posturing on the part of the person being antagonized. The strategy that I have seen and experienced to be successful has been to stand ground, make eye contact, and never to let your antagonist get a rise out of you.

Comment

This morning I had a person tailgating right after iI left my house. Further down the road I was making a right to go to the onramp to the Interstate. A Semi had made a left turn on to the same onramp in front of me. So the Semi was going slow down the ramp as he was trying to gain speed. I slowed my car down as not to hit the Semi, the individual tailgating was not pay attention. I heard his tire squeal when he slamed on the brakes, quickly I had two options, let him hit me (teach him a lesson), or two gas it and go for the shoulder. I went right to go for the shoulder as he panically turned to the left. No collision. We went on our way. He passed me on the Interstate. it was dark so I could not see if he saluted me or not, as I am sure he thought it was my fault.
                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I find it best not to start a driving arguement with the finger. Bad drivers usually eventually get whats comming to them, I try not to be overly critical. If someone tailgates me, I pull over and let them pass.
                  I'm not the perfect driver, I tend to drive aggressive. But I try my best to be aware and curtious. If you give me the finger, I'll wave back and say Hi. If you have violence on your mind and I sense emminent danger of being seiously hurt, God forgive us both for what"s going to happen next. And if I'm tailgating you, PLEASE get out of the way cause I'M LATE!

Comment

Working...
                  X