Drunk on diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunk on diesel

I thought of a certain admin when I seen this ..

sigpic

Looks like the 4BT Cummins used in the UPS trucks

Comment

lame .

Comment

lame?
        if that is lame after reading these facts...

[QUOTE]The 3.9L/4BT Cummins is an engine in the same family as the 5.9 litres (360.0 cu in) Cummins turbodiesels. The 3.9L/4B is an inline four cylinder turbodiesel that was popular for many step van applications, including bread vans and other commercial vehicles. This engine is also used in various industrial, construction and agricultural applications. With a cylinder bore of 4.02 inches (102.1 mm) and a piston stroke of 4.72 inches (119.9 mm), the engine had a wet weight of 745 pounds (338 kg). In recent years it produced 130 horsepower (97 kW; 132 PS) and 355 pound-feet (481 [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_metre"][COLOR=#0645ad]N

a whole post seems to be impossible lately.. identical to old forum. must be the net.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 25, 2011, 05:21 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

noisy and slow
          illegal in 50 states too

Comment

it is still a cool build, i am glad people are building some different stuff. i am getting tired of seeing the same stuff built all the time

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
              noisy and slow
              illegal in 50 states too
              you have never been to michigan have you lol
              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                noisy and slow
                illegal in 50 states too
                x2

Comment

Originally posted by brandontinley View Post
                  it is still a cool build, i am glad people are building some different stuff. i am getting tired of seeing the same stuff built all the time
                  better if they used a powerstroke. at least it could tow.. more than what a 4.6 gas did..
                  just because you can,doesn't mean ............................

Comment

A 7.3L powerstroke engine weighs like 1,000lbs dry. It would need a straight axle and leaf springs at that point!

Tweaked 4BT engines can make more torque than the 4.6 gasser could dream of.

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

a 6.0 don't
                      I find if funny that the diesel the factories build where lame, slow, and junk..
                      but this , the same people ooohhhhh aaaaahhhhh..

Comment

why shouldnt anyone hot rod anything i mean the more stuff that is created the better in my opinion. when someone comes to my shop with a crazy idea i am more interested in it than building another first gen camaro with a 350

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                          a 6.0 don't
                          I find if funny that the diesel the factories build where lame, slow, and junk..
                          but this , the same people ooohhhhh aaaaahhhhh..
                          A 6.0 is only about 100lbs lighter than a 7.3. Still around 900lbs, and you would never have any hope of closing the hood with one of those in there.

It is very easy to make significant power with the 4bt, and still lay down 30mpg. Cool IMO.

And the 4bt may be slow in stock form, but it is NOT junk, just sayin.
                          Last edited by ford141; May 26, 2011, 04:30 AM.
                          Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Originally posted by ford141 View Post
                            A 6.0 is only about 100lbs lighter than a 7.3. Still around 900lbs, and you would never have any hope of closing the hood with one of those in there.

It is very easy to make significant power with the 4bt, and still lay down 30mpg. Cool IMO.

And the 4bt may be slow in stock form, but it is NOT junk, just sayin.
                            i wouldve just put an LS 6.0 in it

formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                            http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

a 4BT can easily be turned up well past what most could afford to get out of a 7.3 or a 6.0 - I highly recommend taking one for a drive before listening to the opinions of people who've never been around one.

A buddy of mine swapped a 4BT + TH400 + 1 ton truck axles under an older Toyota Landcruiser, it's got pretty big tires but it lights them up easily on pavement. His is turned up to around 300hp which is likely 800-900 ft-lbs of torque. Call them noisy and shakers, but don't even think about calling a 4BT slow.
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X