a 4BT & NV5600 would be perfect for Goliath
    Absolutely!
    Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Originally posted by ford141 View Post
      Absolutely!
      Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
      a 4BT & NV5600 would be perfect for Goliath
      Why not put a 5.9 cummins I-6 I sure its got the room and the extra weight will not hurt it.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

why not leave the 292 in it as it's more engine than he'll ever need in that truck

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
          Why not put a 5.9 cummins I-6 I sure its got the room and the extra weight will not hurt it.
          If I ever had the dough to buy a wrecked Dodge with the Cummins and NV4500, I think I would do it. Then again, I'd like to have a 409 in it or a Detroit in it, too!
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

My old boss has a '92 Dodge Cummins that the truck is literally falling apart around and he wants to find a 50's era Power Wagon to drop the drivetrain into.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

That 4BT Land Cruiser is a cool swap.

I really want to find an old CUCV K5 and drop a 6BT in it with a D60 front and 14 bolt FF rear. I need these student loans to go away!

I'm not a huge Cummins fan, but the 4Bt and 6BT are common, reliable and easy to swap diesels that don't cost a gajillion dollars to buy or maintain. Let's face it, the 6.2 and 6.5 GM diesels are cheap and plentiful, but they really aren't that great. Newer diesels are awesome, but they are large, heavy, burdened with electronics and expensive. A 6BT needs about three wires and fuel.

Comment

Working...
              X