• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joplin, MO photos

This tornado was a monster.

I've seen my share of tornado damage over the
    years but this is unbelievable.

Stunned rescuers dug through piles of splintered houses and crushed cars today in a desperate search for victims of a half-mile-wide tornado in Joplin, Missouri.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Damn, those before and after photo's are incredible. Mother Nature has incredible power when she want's to unleash it. =/
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Consider it the rare time it's warranted: holy ####...
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

here today ,gone tomorrow,
        sad, but if they rebuild, lagbolt the framework, those thin sheet steel joint on trusses and nail gun nails that have no ribs

Comment

seen it monday Monk, going back to help on friday, its real bad, I always went to joplin to have fun,
          its not fun now, praying for ones that lost loved ones. carol from our church lost her sister in this storm
          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I'm supposed to head out that way next week but my
            normal motel in Springfield is booked.
            I've got an account out there we've got to get back up
            and running.......they sell building materials.

Motel rooms are going to be tough to get in Springfield for awhile.
            I'll probably have to stay as far as Marshfield.......or further.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

im sure theres plenty of rooms in Branson
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Wow

Where do you even start?

Just the clean up seems monumental - let alone the rebuilding.

Is there anything left of the FEMA trailers from the gulf Floods?
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post

Is there anything left of the FEMA trailers from the gulf Floods?
                  I doubt it, I understand most of them sat at a deserted airfield and then were finally sold off for pennies on the dollar in lots of 100, our Government at work!
                  sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Those pictures show an amazing amount of devastation, just as bad if not worse than the Japan Tsunami. Some of the comments attached to those pictures at the end were really bizarre...

Please know that the people of this area are in our thoughts and that we are hoping for better days ahead for all of you
                    ~Gail
                    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                      I doubt it, I understand most of them sat at a deserted airfield and then were finally sold off for pennies on the dollar in lots of 100, our Government at work!
                      A bunch were sold by Assiter & Associates here and from what I heard the residents did not take care of them and the trailers were in very poor condition.
                      Last edited by BBR; May 26, 2011, 08:53 AM.
                      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Those were the most devastating pictures I've ever seen. Some looked like Hiroshima and Nagasaki historical photos - flattened everywhere.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

I feel so bad for those people, that is just terrible.
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                          X