Memorial Weekend Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Weekend Plans?

The East Coast BSer's probably broken open their second six pack, but I have been curious whats on people's agenda on the weekend we honor those who fought and died for our great country. I get a three day weekend nearly every week, so its not as special as it should be. I also don't have single concrete plan for any part of the weekend. I'll TiVo the Indy 500 and NASCAR and take all week to watch them, but from there I got zip, nada, bumpkus for ideas.

I know I should get going on my projects on the cars, Monte Carlo's heads and the Impala's dented nose, but I am not in such a hurry on either. There are some shows I could go hit up, but none on the calendar sound interesting enough to get me off the sofa.

I know around the rest of the country this weekend kicks off the summer season for all kinds of racing, shows, and cruises. So, let us hear the word and spill the beans on your extra day off this week.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Yours truly is gonna install the blackout panel on the Mustang tonight, then tomorrow is heading down to Phoenix. While the Mustang's transmission is being serviced I'm gonna meet up with TC. After that, not much else is planned.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

supper tomorrow with family i haven't seen in about a year. sunday and monday will be spent finishing up the car for the power tour

Comment

Took ol' Goliath to his first cruise night tonight with the family. My dad in law brought his GTX. Tom rode with him and my wife, Jack, and I rode in Goliath. My wife was laughing the whole way. She is a trooper! The truck made the drive, which was about 20 miles on back roads without an issue, aside from the violent bumping and smashing over pot holes. HA!

It was a big hit at the cruise and when we were leaving, there were lots of smiling faces as we lumbered by. One pair of ladies was getting ready to pull out of their spot in a wonderful old MG and I invited them to drive under the truck...they declined.

It was a proud moment to have the whole troop with me. My wife was impressed/shocked at the amount of attention the big guy got.

Oh, and BS'ers Jeff (Hack Job General Lee) and Hamar (bitchin' blue tunnel-rammed Chevy II) were at the show!

Couldn't think of a better way to kick off the weekend! It is all gravy from here.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Bit of a sad weekend for us here. The majority of our shop/squadron will be attending our friend/co-workers Chris's daughters funeral.

She was a a big fan of NASCAR motorcycles and hot rods, I wish the Plymouth was running right I would drive it. There are a lot of guys in the squadron that are going to ride their bikes for her.

I feel so damn bad for the guy. We took up a collection at work and tapped into our flight funds and had some items the hospital made framed. Each frame contains a picture of the Kathleen, a lock of her hair, and hand prints and a poem. With the rest we purchased a bunch of sodas and subs for a reception afterwards. Me and my buddy Donnie are going to go early and set up all the food and stuff so Chris and his family can focus on what they need to.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Well I'm sitting here kicking myself for not going to the Somernites Cruise in Somerset, KY. the organizers & people are alway friendly as can be and this Saturday morning they were taking a trip to the strip about 30 miles away which is always fun. When it came time to load up and depart that damned Common sense reared it's ugly head, I've got plenty of Spring stuff to do around home and I figured with Diesel and the rooms the fun weekend would have cost a bunch so I stayed Home, that's what I'm not doing this weekend. Now go ahead and tell me about all the fun the rest of you are going to have this weekend. I ought to do something Monday to Honor our troops, don't know what that would be though?
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

^^ You are a good man, Charlie Brown. The stuff you and your guys are doing will go a long way in helping this guy through what has to be the toughest time of his life.

In the spirit of the weekend, I'd like to thank you for your service.

Brian

Comment

cruise Sunday, put 1" of bondo on the side of my truck (don't ask), go on a nice little 100 mile bike ride to support a program that helps the homeless.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                  ^^ You are a good man, Charlie Brown. The stuff you and your guys are doing will go a long way in helping this guy through what has to be the toughest time of his life.

In the spirit of the weekend, I'd like to thank you for your service.

Brian
                  We all hope that the little things we can do will help him and his family through this.

And...Thanks!
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Got the shoebox back with the three header tubes that Junior worked over
                    and driving to car show tomorrow.......if rain holds out.

Wife and I will do our weekly Saturday morning Mickey D trip.....if it isn't raining.
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Yard work. Been putting off setting up the pool for the summer because I still need to do a little leveling, so I'll be using a Mexican backhoe for awhile, then replacing some privacy fence posts that were broke in the storms in the last couple weeks. Again, that damn Mexican backhoe gonna come into play. Then the wife wants a garden around the front patio lined with landscape timbers and built up some. Shit, I can't get away from that shovel, can I?

Comment

there aint jack squat for car shows around here this weekend, but im heading down to cover the matagorda county mud drags tomorrow night, sunday and monday how knows ...... I may try to sneak my camera into the junk yard to snap some pics in the old car section and see if theres anything new, might try to grab a F-body Z28 steering box
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Well, what I want to do is work on my new to me pick-up truck...And I probably will for bit tomorrow, but the wife has a weekend planed with the in-laws down at the lake....
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

What didja score?

How many years 'till the rear comes out of this one?

How can we influence you to do something awesome involving nitro and your farked up wagon?

How many more questions can I ask?

Comment

I hope to finally put this friggin thing together, & have it running too boot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	247841_2040499048598_1127949658_32424857_7408022_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	855134

Comment

Working...
                              X