Memorial Weekend Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
    Just got home after another couple of hundred miles driving. TC, thanks again for lunch! And thanks again for nearly jacking up the price of my trans flush 200% because you felt like interrupting the sale at Ford...
    It was all because these two sales guys where eyeballing my car while I was turning around after you got out, then as I pulled out there was some guy in a Porsche flying down Camelback, so I jumped on the throttle and the tires started breaking loose, so I figured they were already spinning so I might as well put the pedal to the metal and fried them through 2nd gear.

Ya I'm sure I got everyone's attention, even at the Chevy dealer down the street.

The car's sounding good though.............

Comment

It wouldn't be a Memorial Weekend in Ely with out some snow. There has only been one Memorial Weekend since I lived in Ely that it hasn't snowed. Some people were complaining tonight that they got sun burned this morning down at the lakes, and now it's snowing =P It was pretty nice out this morning.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
        In addition, stopped by AMP Performance. Thanks, Charles...now I'm really gonna be broke. They're willing to cut me a deal on hood locks, looks like those are next...
        very cool, i use to damn near break my neck driving by there, always bad ass cars in the parking lot
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I'm building a snow man. There is about six inches piled up from last night

At least I don't have to shovel it.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

96 degrees yesterday when I was digging a hole in the ground.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

there is a (alleged) joke in Seattle - what comes after a holiday weekend? sun. Or, what comes after 2 days of rain - Monday.

that said, we might just get 2 days of rainless days out of three this year.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Not until August, you won't. And Randal...man, I hope that stuff doesn't make it here...
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

So sorry you missed out on Somernites Cruise for Memorial Day weekend. I hesitate to tell you that it was one of the most incredible weekends ever in Cruise history. The sun was shining... absolutely perfect for a car show weekend. The Darlings (Dillards) from the Andy Griffith show were so entertaining and Charlene Darling was so gracious. Barney Fife (David Browning) kept us laughing all day. There were almost 200 cars in our Mopar Mania area and they were some of the best we have seen. In all, 1086 show cars attended. Now, just to make you feel a little better, the trip to the dragstrip trip was replaced by another fun run, so you didn't miss out there. Somernites Cruise will be going to the dragstrip in August, so it's another chance for you to go if you can make it. You gotta stop letting your commom sense take over when it comes to Cruise weekends.

In all seriousness, thanks so much for your kind words about Somernites Cruise. It's people like you that make the volunteer hours all worthwhile. Hope to see you soon in Somerset!

Brenda

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                  Well I'm sitting here kicking myself for not going to the Somernites Cruise in Somerset, KY. the organizers & people are alway friendly as can be and this Saturday morning they were taking a trip to the strip about 30 miles away which is always fun. When it came time to load up and depart that damned Common sense reared it's ugly head, I've got plenty of Spring stuff to do around home and I figured with Diesel and the rooms the fun weekend would have cost a bunch so I stayed Home, that's what I'm not doing this weekend. Now go ahead and tell me about all the fun the rest of you are going to have this weekend. I ought to do something Monday to Honor our troops, don't know what that would be though?

Comment

I just found this thread. I went to Santa Maria for a car show/cruise/2 swap meets. I went from Thursday to Monday. The show is traditional hot rods and customs. Not for red tri-5 Chevys with polished torque thrusts or red 69 Camaros. (remember...the earth is not square....there's a whole new world beyond tri-5 Chevys & fox body Mustangs). We had a blast. Our little group cruised up in a 60 Pontiac (mine), a 57 Pontiac, 61 Olds, and 60 Dodge Pioneer. The pic is on Monday, on our way home up the coast. It's taken at a cool old town called Los Alamos. It's got some very interesting buildings and hosts a car show/BBQ we might attend in September
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by groucho; June 8, 2011, 05:33 PM.
                    STUGOTS

Comment

wow some are late to the party

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                        wow some are late to the party
                        Better late than some of the grim responses I've read so far
                        STUGOTS

Comment

you should come out for lone star round up in april next year and we'll show you how we do it bigger and better
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                            Better late than some of the grim responses I've read so far
                            ha, true, I'm just back to work, asking for it off, would've been pushing it..
                            it's ok tho. I made 72.18 an hour that day..

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                              I just found this thread. I went to Santa Maria for a car show/cruise/2 swap meets. I went from Thursday to Monday. The show is traditional hot rods and customs. Not for red tri-5 Chevys with polished torque thrusts or red 69 Camaros. (remember...the earth is not square....there's a whole new world beyond tri-5 Chevys & fox body Mustangs). We had a blast. Our little group cruised up in a 60 Pontiac (mine), a 57 Pontiac, 61 Olds, and 60 Dodge Pioneer. The pic is on Monday, on our way home up the coast. It's taken at a cool old town called Los Alamos. It's got some very interesting buildings and hosts a car show/BBQ we might attend in September
                              That Elky is beautiful!
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                                That Elky is beautiful!
                                That's my buddy Paul's. He does everything himself. He chopped it (twice), cuts his own glass, cuts his own stainless trim for the chop, did all the body mods, built the bed cover, and painted it all at home. He's looking to put chrome reverse rims on it next. I think that'll take it up another notch
                                STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                                X