RustyRodders new (Not)Rusty Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RustyRodders new (Not)Rusty Rod

My new ride, thanks to my aunt...and thanks to california, no rust!

Neesd paint(Originally powder blue), taillights arent working, and could use some nice pipes ;).

And yes, my mom is thrilled :D
    Local person
    sigpic

Very cool. mom had one same year dark blue with a 390 4 bbl . she sold it back in the earley 90s
    It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

nice thunderchicken you got there, just needs some astro supremes, fully hydro suspension and a crazy ass flake paint job ...... IMO

lol, whatcha got planned for it ? fix it and drive it ?
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
        nice thunderchicken you got there, just needs some astro supremes, fully hydro suspension and a crazy ass flake paint job ...... IMO

lol, whatcha got planned for it ? fix it and drive it ?
        current plan?

Get what needs fixed fixed (Rad overflow is now a tide container, tails dont work, other little things). Drop it a bit, some 17" Torq thrusts, and get the engine running better. eventaully paint it Sonic Blue, gear the 9", and rock out the 8-Track player
        Local person
        sigpic

Comment

Those interiors are soooo cool!

Nice ride -huge potential.

I wonder if you could use the electronic sequential tail light circuitry from the new mustangs in these instead of dealing with the old "cherry bomb" circuitry these progressive tail lights used (like the cougars then used in shelbys as I recall).

390 four barrel - C6 - right?

Looks like it could use rear springs too.

Man - what a great gift! Have fun with it!
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Girls like them T birds. Ha. Tons of that era of 'Birds still running around LA.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              Those interiors are soooo cool!

Nice ride -huge potential.

I wonder if you could use the electronic sequential tail light circuitry from the new mustangs in these instead of dealing with the old "cherry bomb" circuitry these progressive tail lights used (like the cougars then used in shelbys as I recall).

390 four barrel - C6 - right?

Looks like it could use rear springs too.

Man - what a great gift! Have fun with it!
              Thanks! I'm diggin it- always wanted an old fullsize.

its a 390/4v, not sure if its the cruise-o-matic or the C6. the first 2-3 months of production used the CoM- Im getting the Vin and doortag to get all the info.

The only old fords I really know about are mustangs, so this is all new to me- a friend is resto-modding a 69 cougar, so he's my goto guy.

Originally posted by Rebeldryver View Post
              Girls like them T birds. Ha. Tons of that era of 'Birds still running around LA.
              My girls words were "You're an idiot, you have too many cars already."

This one came from Sacramento- well, still is there.
              Local person
              sigpic

Comment

what happened to the crown vic that somebody was supposed to hook you up with cop caps on ? lol
                still in school ?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  what happened to the crown vic that somebody was supposed to hook you up with cop caps on ? lol
                  still in school ?
                  Crown vic was sold last summer- had to commute 250mi/wk for school, and without an income that sucked. replaced it with a Grand prix, which is now sold to my friend Eric. I'm looking for somethign to replace it again now. perhaps another Vic...

Still in school- going into my 'Super' Senior year(5), graduating soon!
                  Local person
                  sigpic

Comment

No rust?! Where's the fun in that?

The car looks GREAT. That back seat alone seems bigger than most of the apartments I've been looking at.

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                    Still in school- going into my 'Super' Senior year(5), graduating soon!
                    I'm also going into my 5th 'Super' Senior year. I've usually referred to my extended stay as my 'Victory Laps' lol. I also have a Crown Vic, hmmm. Eerie similarities or just typical broke university gearheads?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren N. View Post
                      No rust?! Where's the fun in that?

The car looks GREAT. That back seat alone seems bigger than most of the apartments I've been looking at.

I'm also going into my 5th 'Super' Senior year. I've usually referred to my extended stay as my 'Victory Laps' lol. I also have a Crown Vic, hmmm. Eerie similarities or just typical broke university gearheads?
                      Mines comes courtasy of bad advisement!

What year vic? mine was an 87 P72 stripper- only option was cruise control.
                      Local person
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X