No EFI. No Laptops. Still BADASS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No EFI. No Laptops. Still BADASS

My "typical" work in the shop consist of V10's, twin turbo's, stand alone ECU's, laptops, etc....awesome stuff for sure. But in my wildest dreams I never would have guessed I would become complacent to fabricating high end twin turbo systems on cars that cost more then my house. Lately I have been working on a several month back burned customer car. There is something intensely satisfying about the simplicity (or at least seemingly simple) nature of this build. 600 cubes, nasty blower sticking out of the hood. Estimated 1,200 hp and 2,500 pounds. Even in raw mockup this car gets me more excited then anything else I have worked on lately....oh, and it will very likely be a Drag Week 2012 car.

www.Nightmare-Motorsports.com

love the title.

real draft does not take a pause...

would love to hear that run.
    I know carb and injected arguments are not to happen here...I learned something about both on identical engines setup proper, one for injected one for carbed.

I don't need to talk about it I guess.

I love the build. Give it the real strong stuff.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I was wondering if there were any updates on that car. Cool build!
      Still plays with trucks....

Comment

yup, badass
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Good old fashioned mechanical injection eh? What fuel will they run? Larry Larson has already proven the efficacy of a roots blown BBC on Drag Week. Looking at the frame stub it looks like it could be BB/PA or Pro Street or Modified P/A. Either way it looks bitchin.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
            love the title.

real draft does not take a pause...

would love to hear that run.
            I know carb and injected arguments are not to happen here...I learned something about both on identical engines setup proper, one for injected one for carbed.

I don't need to talk about it I guess.

I love the build. Give it the real strong stuff.

This is the first build I have ever taken on where I have 100% outsourced the engine build and tuning. I am working closely with a man that has forgotten more crap about blown motors then I will ever know. So I am al little under-educated to be debating methods of fuel delivery on this one. All I know is that judging by the motors the builder consistently turns out it should be a monster. Maybe a little snotty to drive on the street but mean none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
              Good old fashioned mechanical injection eh? What fuel will they run? Larry Larson has already proven the efficacy of a roots blown BBC on Drag Week. Looking at the frame stub it looks like it could be BB/PA or Pro Street or Modified P/A. Either way it looks bitchin.
              Going to try and run it solely on E85 and see where that takes us. I am sure we will be way out of contention with the big boys like Larson but it should be fun! As for the class we really haven't decided. The owner insisted on keeping the stock stubs though so he doesn't eliminate himself from classes he can be competitive in.

Comment

Working...
              X