Putting 2 and 2 together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting 2 and 2 together

Well, about 2 weeks ago, I came home from work, and my dad asked me why there was grass all overt my bumper, I didn't know, wiped it off, and didn't really think much of it
    Well, I was smelling gas today, so I went and looked over the lines (loose hose at the fuel pump it ended up being)

But while underneath the car, I noticed grass stuck in every possible little crevice I could see, thinning out the farther back I looked, including around the exhaust, so I don't know how it didn't catch fire, I noticed this last week, but again, right after work, I was tired and din't think anything of it.

Given the evidence, I've come to the conclusion that somebody stole my Eagle and took her joyriding in the grass somewhere, now I may drive like an asshole sometimes, but never anywhere like that, my suspension isn't all right, so I generally keep her on the road.

They are lucky I didn't catch them or know who they are, because I'm an extremely angry person when it comes to stuff like that, I'd probably been arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.

I guess I should replace my ignition switch if they figured out that she doesn't need the key to start.

In more positive news, I've got a phone interview tomorrow that would allow me to afford all new locks and keys.
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Why did the bring it back? Are you sure it wasn't your evil twin?
    ~Gail
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Were you parked near somebody mowing a lawn with a side discharge mower? Those things can throw grass a long way, and if it's wet - it will stick to anything it touches along the way.

If you're really that paranoid about it - record your mileage when you park it - I really doubt somebody "stole" it to do off road in a hay field and then put it back where they found it.

Did they use much gas? Any evidence of breaking into it? Did you leave it unlocked with the keys in it?

Friends / family playing a joke on you?
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

what kinda drugs you been doing lately ?
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

No, this is not grass clipping, this is clumps of grass wedged in gaps underneath her

Comment

who the heck would do that..

sure no powerful lawn machine was around.

altho, no key to start.. a friend play a joke?
            strange story and outcome.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
              what kinda drugs you been doing lately ?
              x2... No one noticed the car moved? Didn't notice gas missing? I'd be most inclined to think sibling...
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Betcha it was your mom. Moms are super-bad about bashing about in your wheels when you aren't paying attention......has something to do with carrying you around for 9 months, so I'm told. They think they are entitled somehow?
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Sometimes I wonder about you. This kind of shit happens to you a lot. Maybe it is time you stop blaming others.

Lock the car, get an alarm, get a steering wheel lock, take the coil wire, a kill switch. Or, maybe stop leaving your car keys lying on your dresser while you are at work. Duh.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

bi polar ?

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                      Why did the bring it back? Are you sure it wasn't your evil twin?
                      ~Gail

HAHAHAHAHA OMG HAHAHAHAHHA O....M....G....

that's awesome.

You _KNOW_ why they brought it back.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

j/k. Be glad they brought it back... somebody took my brand new Stihl chainsaw for a ride and it has not come back.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

maybe youre like the main character in fight club?
                        formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                        http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Dont you have a brother?
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I confess, it was me. You didn't find anything but grass under there huh?
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I have no idea whats going on. but my locks are so bad any one sided GM key will unlock the doors, and you don't need the key to start her, as I said, I'm ordering new ones
                              all they would have had to do is put her back in the driveway, in fact, I remember my car being in the driveway facing the opposite direction, though I thought my dad had moved her
                              Holy shit, I know the exact date it happened now.
                              and I'm going to take the coil wire off every night now, and order new keys, locks, and an ignition switch, and maybe a quick disconnect steering wheel (in that order, due to prices)

Comment

Working...
                              X