No announcement yet.

Out of commission for a while.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, great your buddy was there, We all seem to be facing these situations as we get older. I lost a neighbor and hot rod buddy last weekend to heart failure. Saw him the day before no problems. Glad it wasn't your time.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

man, who knew those Studebakers could kill you? It does sound like you're on the road to recovery, get well soon
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I used to not think twice about my health but have began to change my ways. I hope you recover and can get back to normal soon.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          Are there any other limitations? A fellow I knew many years ago had to give up welding due to his pacemaker, is that still an issue with modern stuff?
          Nothing has been mentioned about that. I'll have to ask if I can't it in the "manual."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
            Joe, yikes!

Glad to hear your buddy reacted quickly and got you the necessary help! Also glad to hear you got into capable hands that fixed you up.

Take it slow and easy, or I'll come down there and slap you around!

Be well!

Brian
            Brian, I'd love to have you come down, but I my wife is the enforcer around here. With my driving cut down and limited are use I don't see driving the Champ anytime soon. Soooooo... you could come down and chauffeur me around. I mean after hossing Goliath around even with its straight front axle and lack of power steering the Champ should be a breeze for you!
            Last edited by JRoberts; June 1, 2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Joe -
              Glad you're on the mend! Those of you who don't know Joe in the Real World - he's one of the good guys. Give me a call when I get back from FL and I'll come drive you around in the Champ - gladly.

I guess we're a couple of old farts - it sure takes more maintenence to keep us on the road, no?

Tony can give a more technical discription, but I think it's sort of accurate to call it a modified TASER.

You're still on the Church of the Servant prayer list........

Dan

Comment

Dang Joe, this is a complete surprise !!
                Take care and rest up dude ....

Comment

my buddy got a pacemaker at age 26

ya won't even know it's there

Comment

Some restrictions on welding.... some companies say minimum of 24" or more distance from the arc... call the tech service dept of your pacer's manufacturer, they can give you the straight poop.

Acetylene torch welding is a go, as there's no electric arc involved. So you can chop the top, go for it. ;-)
                    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Scary stuff, man. Here's to your recovery.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Listen to Docs and your wife. Get well soon. You are in our prayers.

Comment

good luck and a speedy recovery, slow and steady wins the race,
                          a dnf here is no turning back..
                          guess you'll have to wait to look at the girls with cars thread for awhile..
                          get well soon

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                            good luck and a speedy recovery, slow and steady wins the race,
                            a dnf here is no turning back..
                            guess you'll have to wait to look at the girls with cars thread for awhile..
                            get well soon
                            I guess I'll just use dark glasses for that thread.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your heart attack.Glad to here God is renewing your contract n earth!
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X