Hey Brian...You all right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Brian...You all right?

Just heard of a tornado in Massachusetts today. Since that state is the size of a postage stamp, just making sure that you and the family are all right.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

it's in the springfield/worester area, about 90 miles away..
    only thunder and high winds for us,
    there is one more cell that if it stays strong, could get to us at 9pm..

Comment

All the same...that's the most north I've seen a true tornado. Ya'll watch your ass up there...
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
        All the same...that's the most north I've seen a true tornado. Ya'll watch your ass up there...

they are local and short lived. it is the shape of hills preceeding it into a valley..all miniature.

Northern maine could get some violent ones.. usually just trees flying.

I caught one on tape in western maine, bigger than a dust devil, smaller than what one could call a tornado.

bangor is funny, as these storms wedge around it.. could probably thank mt.washington. This gets frustrating when its been 90 for 3 days and everyhting but bangorgets rain.
        (I call bangor "the pig")

i am watching radar right now hoping for at least a squall.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; June 1, 2011, 04:58 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

we've had them before.. one whiped through brockton in 1999(ish)

Comment

All good in the 'hood so far. Something weird happened at the end of my street, police and fire been down there for a while, but just some rain and a little thunder/lightning thus far.

Thanks for asking!

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Yeah I was thinkin of you guys when I saw the
              news this evening.

Stay low and keep your powder dry.
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

The west side is the good side

Comment

Just had some bad ass T-storms roll through. Power off and on, thunderclaps that sounded like they were 6ft from the house.

The little guys slept through it, though! Hell, they can sleep in Goliath, so this is small potatoes.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

light'n hit the wifes garden fence..

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                      Just had some bad ass T-storms roll through. Power off and on, thunderclaps that sounded like they were 6ft from the house.

The little guys slept through it, though! Hell, they can sleep in Goliath, so this is small potatoes.
                      As I told you earlier, I really miss that kind of weather. I would've on the front porch watching the show.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Now he's just crying about his Bruins losing Game 1 of the finals ... LOL

cheers
                        Ed N.
                        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

There was a tornado watch over Sacramento area tonight as well. A few funnel clouds spotted, but no touch downs.

Everybody else gets the good weather. All we get is sun, sun, sun. (Sigh)
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver View Post
                            There was a tornado watch over Sacramento area tonight as well. A few funnel clouds spotted, but no touch downs.

Everybody else gets the good weather. All we get is sun, sun, sun. (Sigh)
                            We've had cloud cover for the last two days, no rain, just gray days............. Been getting a lot done though......

Comment

They showed a video on the news of a tornado in Mass gaining speed and pulling up water and all kinds of debris as it went.

Tornados in the NorthEast - Mother nature sure keeps us guessing!

Glad all is well in the Lohne's house.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X