Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you ever want a 'Vette without it's nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you ever want a 'Vette without it's nuts?

Leakdown from GM: Expect a boosted, Formula-1 inspired >3L V8 in the C7 Corvette. And let all hell break loose....

Yahoo! Autos: Corvette Neutered
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

My friend's '80 Vette was, and is, with it's lousy 305.

I seriously doubt it will be nutless with twin turbos and high rev's. It will not have tons of brutish low end torque. GM is obviously trying to draw away buyers of Euro sports toys.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

It's been a good run Corvette.

They're taking it from the everyman's supercar to the car every popped collar douche canoe will want to own.

Not a win.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post

They're taking it from the everyman's supercar to the car every popped collar douche canoe will want to own.

Not a win.

Brian
        the old options are still there, this is just a new build. ohv big block still available.

if to go 3 something liters, a benz crank v8 would boggle minds for eternity.

a 3.6 EXCATLY comes to mind.

all chevy muscle has been engines swapping from anyhting from schools busses to dump trucks to 4x4s...and vettes

they deserve to do something for its class, this is probably the world class answer.

I don't like revves nor sports cars, but a ride in a bigger block tradition is my taste, and it is not going away.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Not a win.

Brian
          Could be a way to save it from increased CAFE standards in the future.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Bah, everybody knows twin turbo V6's are for pickups!
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

popped collar douche canoe
              I've never heard that one before! but I get a pretty good idea who you might be talking about.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

id be willing to bet it isnt going to happen anytime soon, the LS motor still has a long life ahead of it
                formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

The only thing that offsets this for me...they'd have to destroke a 4.8 to make what they seem to want. Whole new engine platform. I hope I don't see it happen....if they're trying to compete with the 911, Gallardo, etc., just find someone who knows how to put an interior together and do some better work bracing the body shell.

In other words, shut Jeremy Clarkson up. That's where half of these noveau rich American Eagle douchbags get their info.
                  Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

its still gunna have the OHV V8 option, get yer panties out of a bunch
                    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Well..with a smaller displacement engine,the Vette can compete in other markets of the world,cause big inch displacement engines are being taxed to death over here.Sweden doesnt have big taxes like Norway and alot of the other countries in Europe...and in 2010 there where sold 7 new Vettes there..

If the Vette sells better in Europe,maybe those douche bags will listen.

Comment

before you go nuts
                        this engine is only to meet the new C.A.F.E. MPG rating (fleet average)
                        the big pushrod v8 will be the optional engine.. and will more than likely have a big price tag on it..
                        but they'll still sell them

Comment

They were talking about a twin turbo 6 in the mid 80's too. Marketing found no support for the idea and it was dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelk View Post
                            They were talking about a twin turbo 6 in the mid 80's too. Marketing found no support for the idea and it was dropped.
                            I remember hearing about that, people probably wern't hip to intercoolers/efi yet....It would have been 100x's better than a cross-fire 350.
                            Originally posted by TC
                            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

so, corvettes aren't for popped collar douche canoes already?
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X