Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New addition to the JOESS66FURY family...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New addition to the JOESS66FURY family...

the wife has been socking some money away for a bike. Got a screaming deal on this 2007 Sporty with 4K on the clock and could not pass it up. When we went to look at it and started talking with the owner we realized we know each other, his wife and mine work together and we ended up getting it almost 2K below book...

Some things are going a little better for me lately and it looks like I will be able to clear out some of the debt that has been beating my ass for the last year or so. This will also save about 400 bucks a month in fuel, and she get paid for mileage so we will make another 250 or so a month. I may have a bite on my RV and the Fury so I will unload those soon. Insurance is less that 300 a year on this bike too.

As soon as I pay off 2 bills I am going to start aggressively looking for a Dyna Wide Glide...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

did i read that right ? you're selling the fury ?
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Yeah, it is way too much work for me to do in my current situation. I can not justify putting more money into it when I can buy a nicer one locally for the cost of the 1/4 panel replacement.

I want to ride, I have since I was a little kid. I love hot rods too but the cost of building one is way out of my reach right now.

BUT, If I don't get my asking price, I will NOT sell it...I will hold onto it.

The guy that was interested yesterday...is hem-hawing around now so....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2 View Post
        Insurance is less that 300 a year on this bike too.
        Nice bike Joe!!!!!!!

I used to pay $150 a year with AIG.........

Comment

Joe probably has insurance that mere civilians cant get. I know I do. Ya know Joe, if you were closer I would buy the Fury from you, and then sell it back when it was done. Might be a couple years but it would be fun to rebuild an old B body. After driving the 70 GTO daily and never being able to keep up on the stuff it needed, I know exactly what its like. All the days off turn into thrashes to get the driver running again, and that takes all the fun right out of it.

I had a Sporty in Germany, loaned it to a friend and never saw either one again. Its probably the last bike I will have ever owned. It is a seriously cheap way to get around, even if you might be mistaken for one of those guys who wears brand new leathers with a million patches all over them trying to look outlaw.

Comment

can get you a smokin deal on a mild custom 1981 fx low rider
            it is ny
            gotta finance his nomad deal

Comment

ha Todd. The smell of new leather and bengay. pffft.

Is it an 883 or the 1200? I have a 1200 on the back porch I need to give some love to. I never saw less than 50mpg with it, treating the throttle like a light switch.

I like to tease myself about it. "Well, it may be loud, but it's slow too"

Congrats man. Look out for the numbnutzes.

oh yeah, if you want to make it a little louder, pick up a horse or two, and not be obnoxiously loud, the screaming eagle muffs sound pretty good. Not real loud. They're kinda mellow.

Axtell sells some junk that'll get you to 1450 cc if you get real bored. Grin. Now you can brag to your buddies that you've got a new 4 cammer. : )
              Last edited by Beagle; June 5, 2011, 08:48 AM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

this is the wifes bike, its a 1200...I don't know that I want to go messing with it. It is fuel injected and once you start messing with variables it throws the computer out of whack....

I have a lead on a very affordable Victory Vegas 8 Ball...the guy will hold it for me too...so...we will see what happens...may sell my truck as well....

Comment

CONGRADS,
                  BUT CONFUSED, if you got debt. thats bugging you that much, wouldn't paying that off instead of buy'n the bike been a wiser move..

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                    CONGRADS,
                    BUT CONFUSED, if you got debt. thats bugging you that much, wouldn't paying that off instead of buy'n the bike been a wiser move..

tell me about it...my debt is mine and hers is hers....yes paying off the debt would have been wiser but that would have required her to give me money for my debt...we don't combine our incomes like normal families...to be honest I don't know how much longer I want to deal with it. But thats a story for another time...lets just say that I have 3 babies at home that I live for...and I put up with a lot of shit so that I am always with them...

Comment

Cool bike.........I had a Softail Deuce few years back and miss it but not
                      the hassle of driving in this area.

Got ran off the road twice.

Every now and then I get the urge to look........prices are right that's for sure.
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

noticed all of the lil guy chopper shops around here closed up

YET OCC LIVES STRONG . they were having a bike show the other day

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          Cool bike.........I had a Softail Deuce few years back and miss it but not
                          the hassle of driving in this area.

Got ran off the road twice.

Every now and then I get the urge to look........prices are right that's for sure.

It is scary out here as well...but with the cost of gas...

I am thinking of selling the truck as well so I can get myself clear...(maybe of everything) and start over fresh...

It is a buyers market for bikes right now for sure.

Comment

Nice bike. I have a 883. It's a fun bike but a bit small. I've got some one interested in buying it and I'll be moving on to something bigger. The Sporty is fine for 1 person only.
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                            X