Mustang Boss Dual Key Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Boss Dual Key Tech

I was reading about (and lusting after) the new Boss 302 and it got me thinking. The car has two keys and normal driving mode and a "track only" mode witch changes a bunch of settings the tune. Could Ford use this in the future to get around the new cafe standars? Seems like a good idea to me.

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
    I was reading about (and lusting after) the new Boss 302 and it got me thinking. The car has two keys and normal driving mode and a "track only" mode witch changes a bunch of settings the tune. Could Ford use this in the future to get around the new cafe standars? Seems like a good idea to me.
    am i the only one who thinks having two keys is stupid?

theres really no reason to have two.....
    formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
    http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

IF you had a higher power "off road use only" tune on one and a weeney gas mileage tune on the other you could get by the man's cafe standards and still have power.

Comment

like a 90 ZR1 valet key

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
          IF you had a higher power "off road use only" tune on one and a weeney gas mileage tune on the other you could get by the man's cafe standards and still have power.
          you could just use a button on the dash to change between the two modes, still no reason to have two keys
          formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
          http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss 2 View Post
            you could just use a button on the dash to change between the two modes, still no reason to have two keys
            x2 other than the vette Idea "valet key" to keep the 20y/o from burning up your 400.oo each meats..
            ford and dual keys,, why not just add the "sinc" system so you can just say, "track tune" and be done with it..
            the 2 key thing will not pass the c.a.f.e. as it have to be "off road only" and no way of control'n that ..

Comment

Working...
            X