how old is your daily driver ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how old is your daily driver ?

Just wanted to know how many of us drive a pre 1970/80 car as their daily driver
    I'll start with my daily 67 impala
    Attached Files
    There are no substiutes for cubic inches[SIGPIC]sigpic

will be driving my 71 c-10

Comment

If I didn't live in the rust belt - I'd drive an older car too - as it is - early 2000 vehicles are starting to rust, my feces wagon has rusted through both rockers at 180k and 10 years old.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The 72 Impala.

Thankfully, i found a place that deals with panels so this paycheck i'm ordering rockers then the quarters.
        "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

I swap between an 89 and a 2000. I DD a 78 malibu for a while, and plan on a 85 cutty soon, but I like my AC when it get past 95...
          Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

The SS is a 2005, but before that it was the 1980 Mustang.
            Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Currently, it's a six-year-old Mustang. Once it's new engine is in and it's brought down to Arizona, it'll be a 30 year old Dodge.
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Don't have a daily driver, I don't drive every day, and we have too many cars to just drive one regularly.

The past three days I drove my 55 chevy. I'll probably drive my wife's 70 Dart today.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Bad Ass '86 Celebrity Eurosport, fully loaded.
                  Yeah, I know...
                  Loren stole the Cherokee, and is harrassing me about the Hello Kitty sticker on it...but he seems to prefer that to this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	th_DSC02809[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	855445
                  The Celebrity, What is cool about it?
                  200,000 miles
                  3rd rear facing seat
                  painted last year by Loren
                  Paper towel dispencer my father-in-law installed
                  hook in dashboard for a trash bag
                  I could have 40 gold bars in that car and park it with the keys in it and the lights on and still no one would touch it...

~Gail
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Some days I drive my 91 GMC Sonoma

Name:	MVC-752F.jpg
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	855446

Other days I drive my 99 Cherokee XJ

Name:	MVC-223F.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	855447

Comment

Skylark is a '77 and the winter beater jeep is an '87.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I swap between my wife's 2000 Astro and my 352078 mile 95 Nissan. I use the truck for my medical supply delivery job. And like Gail's wagon I could park the Nissan anywhere with the keys in it with stacks of gold and hundred dollar bills in the bed and nobody would come within 100 feet of it.

Last edited by Lon_H; June 9, 2011, 07:50 AM.
                        Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

My DD remains the '98 Dakota. Sweet little truck and I plan to keep it forever. Someday, new paint, maybe a 360 swap at some point, but the same little truck. I LOVES my Dak!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                            If I didn't live in the rust belt - I'd drive an older car too - as it is - early 2000 vehicles are starting to rust, my feces wagon has rusted through both rockers at 180k and 10 years old.
                            alot of us are there.
                            I'd love a 16 gauge buggy of old..especially being able weld something once and awhile.

I am rather crazy with a j-tin 87...daily car, in fact it is the only one for a couple of years.
                            welding was outrageous, still going after things to my way.

I'd still do impala, chevelle four door. the bigger anything. I used to, but no resources to get things done.

today could make it possible. no regrets.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                              Hell man, I drive $100-$500 beaters in winter, what I drive when there is no salt or snow is very different.

1998 right now, 1970 or 1967 in a week or two.

Currently this one.

Soon to be one of these two.

Last edited by Thumpin455; June 9, 2011, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X