Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't run a metric frame

Comment

Thats the only frame I would use, how much dirt have you ran?

Man we are big on Dirt around here, and every modifide out has one for a front stub, and parts are cheap.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Metric cars are the car of choice now, IMO I would run the X body nova omega skylark, so much rule breaking you can do with that car tech guys never notice all the little things you can do with them and they can take a hit better than a metric car
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post

Man we are big on Dirt around here, and every modifide out has one for a front stub, and parts are cheap.
          73-77 are better..

Comment

No all the guys running around here in 78-87 g cars run 73-77 a body frames
            middletown/lv

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
              yea it is a freakin blast, i got to run my 77 olds cutlass at manzanita a few times in the bomber class and that was on a DOT 75 series tire at 15-17 pounds of air presure but luckily i had a tire sponsor
              manzanita??, that wouldn't happen to be the Manzanita here in Phoenix would it??

Comment

yup 35th and Broadway at the end of junk yard row

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post

a wheellen modifide with a metric front stub?????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                    yup 35th and Broadway at the end of junk yard row
                    My buddy Mark and his brothers used to run cars there years ago, they owned Forty's Wrecking on Broadway........I haven't been down there in a long time and I heard it got sold and they where leveling the track........It's a shame, because that was like a Staple here in Phoenix for dirt tracks. Though I heard something about Speedworld having a track and someone said something about other one being on the far east side of town.........

They also have a pretty nice one up in ShowLow.........
                    Last edited by TC; June 15, 2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Waste Management bought all the property around the track (turns 3 and 4) and all that land was cleared a couple years before the track closed

I think Fortys was next door to Askrens (the Askrens raced at manzi also in the Pure Stock class)

I crewed on a Super Stock and we would go to a couple big races in Showlow every year, I think that track is awsum, you go up hill on the front stretch and down hill on the back stretch, and thier chili cheese fries is prolly the best track food item i have ever had anywhere

Comment

metric frame is lightweight , but the 73-77 has better geometry ...a 77-96 works too

Comment

the "big body" montes are good, they were popular here in south texas tracks, both are front steer but in the lower classes gutting metal is not legal so the G bodies allowed drivers to add weight over the left rear to make up weight since those same classes have a weight rule

the only thing i can think of that made the big body montes so popular was the engine set back and the overall size of the car be able to plow thru other cars that got in its way

Comment

I'm going to call my friend in a little bit and see if we are still on for this evening, it looks like it could rain on and off all day here.
                            I've been doing bettr about remembering my camera, but now I just leave it in the car, lol
                            Originally posted by TC
                            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                            X