No announcement yet.

Considering changing my name to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my grandpa's 03 2500 Ram witht he 5.7 was never able to get over 13mpg unloaded about 5mpg with the fifth wheel

he has upgraded ot a F350 6.4L for the fifth wheel now he gets 9mpg loaded and unleaded lol
    Last edited by Mater; June 22, 2011, 09:54 PM.
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Our '11 Suburbans average around 12.5 mpg. We do let ours idle a bit longer than the average Joe does.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

My Duramax gets 16 in the city and on a nice stretch of flat highway I've gotten 23mpg, but normally on the trips up to ShowLow I get 21 mpg........ As for the suburban, it looks like it's going to be in the 13 mpg range for the city, but I'm thinking that a cold air kit and a programmer and I might get that up a little.........

Comment

Crawled under the car today to figure out exactly what type of exhaust system was installed.

From what I can tell there is 2 cats, X pipe and twin 2.5" Pypes M80 mufflers (Pypes mid muffler system)....from there it goes straight out the back to the 3" tips.

I really dig the sound of glass packs and that is exactly what the M80 is...and old school glass pack in a polished tube. It is pretty quiet at idle but when you get on it...well the sound is really unique...hard to describe. It also had the little bit of gurgle and pop on deceleration..which I know many of you are not fond of...but I love it...takes me back to when I was a kid.

I will try to get some video of it...but for now this guy has the same set up...

[The vehicle featured in this video is a 2005 Mustang w/ XFM26E (EPA compliant) & SFM66]Add sound, durability and horsepower to your Mustang with a Pypes Per...

Last edited by JOES66FURY; June 24, 2011, 10:08 PM.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

sounds good. pretty sure that's what my car would sound like with out the 4 cat converters lol
            Last edited by Mater; June 24, 2011, 11:46 PM.
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Working...
            X