Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My neighbor just fired up his Top Fuel dragster !! ( 9:30 central on 6-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TC View Post
    I love the smell of Nitro, it's funny at the track, they start a top fuel car up all the guys working on it are wearing gas masks, all the people watching start heading the other way, and I just stand there and watch...........
    that makes me think you were near an Alcohol dragster and not nitro. Make sure you know the difference.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Ouch! And it probably had that cherry sent crap mixed in too....
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
        Ouch! And it probably had that cherry sent crap mixed in too....
        The few nitro engines I've been around when running, all start and warm up on alcohol.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Correct, I was just commenting on him not knowing the difference between a Top Fuel and TAD. I've seen people add that cherry sent "top end lube" to their alcohol....I guess the kids like the smell but it gums stuff up if you use it a lot. I like to use a couple tea spoons of castor oil for the pump.
          Originally posted by TC

Comment

At March Meet, I spent about 30 seconds at the start line when the Nitro cars fired up, then decided I like my brain cells.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Ahhh- the smell of nitro in the morning....

While there is nothing like the sound of a nitro engine (blown or unblown), I can only take a small whiff of nitro in the lungs.

There is a DISTINCT difference in sound and smell between an engine on alcohol and when it starts running off of nitro. I like it... but not enough to stay and smell it.
              Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I once saw an interview with Reeves Callaway from the 1980's when he was still working out of his home shop. He said that, for some reason, they always wrapped up working on an engine around 1am and *had* to make a dyno pull. They would fire up the engine, wind the piss out of it and then run inside, call the neighbors and say, "What was that? Did you hear that? I'm calling the cops!"

Comment

even setting in a line of alky dirt cars running can burn your eyes, I can live without being to close
                  to a running nitro car!
                  COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I'm not really knocking it....I should really wear ear plugs to. I live for this stuff, but it gets old when you constantly say "What!"
                    My wife smells really sweet and says nice stuff to me, I just walk around like an old man with my ears singing looking for where I sat my beer!
                    Originally posted by TC

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                      The few nitro engines I've been around when running, all start and warm up on alcohol.
                      You do mean Methanol, right??, because they don't mix Nitro with alcohol........

And yes they were running it on nitro, they had already warmed it up, drained the Methanol out and started it back up to get get the system primed with nitro..........
                      Last edited by TC; June 21, 2011, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Methanol IS alcohol...... A singular type of alcohol. If you say they don't use alcohol then they aren't using methanol either....

Chemistry 101
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

fail them up on gasoline ..purge in 90% nitro /10 percent methanol and the thunder starts

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                            You do mean Methanol, right??, because they don't mix Nitro with alcohol........

And yes they were running it on nitro, they had already warmed it up, drained the Methanol out and started it back up to get get the system primed with nitro..........
                            Did you get any video of this?
                            Last edited by A/Fuel; June 27, 2011, 05:31 AM.
                            Originally posted by TC

Comment

Working...
                            X