Why I live in Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBR View Post
    You could live in Oklahoma..... 112 deg AND tornadoes!

This was West of OKC last Sunday. It peaked at 112 a little while after this photo.
    And I guess you could add some Humidity to that to.......We only have something like 8% humidity right now.......

Comment

The humidity was pretty low, but the wind was blowing like 30-35mph. It was like being in a giant convection oven.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        I thought you were gonna say that you live in Phoenix because they'll have you! (Sorry, the ball was right over the net and all I had to do was spike it). All in all, I'm OK with heat and NOT OK with cold. Before we moved to Wilmington we did the whole, "Mountains, desert, seashore" thing and decided on seashore. As long as it was warm I would have been OK with any of the above. I'll be sort of in your climate in a month or so and I enjoy Lake Bonneville (but the swimming sux).

Dan

Dan, you and I see things the same. I have no desire to see snow ever again. And dry California central valley air is fantastic for the arthritis.

By the way, the spike comment has to go in the top ten of the week.
        I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
          Hottest weather I have been in was 134F in Kuwait City, and it was 90% humidity too because the wind was coming from offshore. Thats freakin hot.
          Kuwait City overrules almost any day in Iraq. I was working Al Suriyhab (?!) port doing offload, and I thought I was gonna melt..though I have recorded a 145F day in Mosul working on a flightline.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I wonder'd why people live where they do.

me? I am a hot weather person..yet new england my whole life.

in school I remember a good point of view...

most got off boats and sat in rechid shitholes dreaming to get away.
            incentives by gov't was also a reason people end up where they do (northern maine for example staying the spirit of USA)

I'd still go to all places, not much to say.
            being knowledge and wealth is more than ever, some places are gonna shrink..
            like texas invaded by new orleans.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; June 23, 2011, 03:59 PM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Give me the South, of course, tornadoes and all. Yeah, that part of it sucks, but I submit that there are weather extremes whever you are. Sue Unit and I were waiting in line at the grocery store one day and we were struck by the headline on the National Enquirer there in a rack at the checkout - "The Weather is Out of Control!"

When was the weather ever IN our control?

I don't like cold and the other half of the world does. That's why the world goes around, I guess, to give us a variety and for us pick and choose if you're able to move to another region to start with.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Like the old Johnny Cash song.... I been everywhere man, I been everywhere...

But I still think Squirrel's neck 'o the woods is the nicest.

Too bad I live in the northeast where the weather has 4 seasons and they all suck.
                Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

IMO I would live where Remy is, that place would be perfect if it had a huge ass lake
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                    Dan, you and I see things the same. I have no desire to see snow ever again. And dry California central valley air is fantastic for the arthritis.
                    SHHHHHH.....don't tell them anything about the Central Valley...let them think we live in that stink hole down South or that Gay area...OOPS..Bay Area up North....they might want to move here knowing you can eat breakfast in Yosemite...Lunch at Monterey and Dinner in Lake Tahoe...all in one day....LOL....the CV is like a totally different state than those places.
                    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                      IMO I would live where Remy is, that place would be perfect if it had a huge ass lake
                      That would be the Show Low area, tall pines, Lakes all over the place, all stocked with fish for the having, though it does snow, but it's usually the snow and melt off in a day or two kind........ Or even Payson is a nice place with tall pines and it's close to a few big lakes and small lakes for fishing and motor boating. And your only an hour from phoenix........
                      Last edited by TC; June 23, 2011, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Hey, I've got my two small lakes here, plus a creek. I'm just fine...I don't fish, can't eat the damn things. Hot enough without being "another deployment?!" hot, and for the "Quad Cities" area of AZ, sparse populations. I like it here.

Now, to convince the Southern Belle...

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I hate Tucson, I hate the people in Tucson, I hate the weather in Tucson and I hate driving in Tucson...

I would cut my wrists before I lived in Phoenix

I would like to live in Show Low or Payson....Its like a whole different state there...

The weather in December can't be beat tho.
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

payson and showlow are a lil too hick for me, I like the mix of peeps in prescott and PV, plus its close to sedona and flagstaff

prescott is like a mini mini mini austin tx, thats why I like it
                            Last edited by BOOOGHAR; June 23, 2011, 08:13 PM.
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Also like an unpopulated Colorado Springs, to me. Austin? Really?....well, if you can confuse 6th Street with Whiskey Row, maybe...

Comment

The first time I experienced 117 degrees was . . .in Phoenix! September 1982 my buddy/room mate drove in to attend UTI. We drove around for an hour trying to find our apartment that the school had chosen for us at 35th ave. and Camelback, that was home for the next 9 months. If I had to move out of California I'd probably move to Phoenix, not a bad place to live from what I remember.
                                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
                                X