Why I live in Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I live in Phoenix

So today my wife posts on Facebook a pic of her outside temp gauge in her car and it reads 117*.

So one of her friends responds, "and you live there because....????"

So I respond with this,
    We live here because our houses don't get sucked up by tornadoes or hurricanes and it doesn't flood here, and we don't get snowed in, we don't have to worry about tsunami's or earthquakes, worst thing that happens here is we get a little rain and the wind blows, but nothing to die over, I'll take the 3 months of hot days for the 9 months of paradise any day.......
    Then I go down to the pool to swim with the kids and some people we have over and my wife replies, "I saw your response to my pic, just so you know the girl that asked me why we live where we live had her barn destroyed my a Tornado"...............

In a way I feel kind of bad, but hey she asked and I just told the truth......Oooopppsss.........
    Last edited by TC; June 23, 2011, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Wait, someone who lost their barn to a tornado said "and you live there because....? "

While it may not have been "nice" and may have struck a nerve, I wouldn't feel too bad about your comment.

... or perhaps she interpreted the posting of the 117* temperature as complaining about it. If one is complaining about the heat, then I agree with her - move to where its cooler.

It's been in the upper 90's here lately, and you should hear people carrying on about how hot it is! Sheesh.
      Last edited by yellomalibu; June 23, 2011, 05:10 AM.

Comment

you get flash floods out there every time it rains

Comment

That is exactly why I need to find a way to live in your country... Love that kind of weather.
          1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
          1997 Mustang GT
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            Not every time...but they can be exciting. Especially if you don't respect them. At least now you get to pay for your stupidity, there's a law about reimbursing the cost of your rescue if you enter a flooded section of the road.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
              The flash floods here are a joke, worst thing is some fool thinks they can cross the road and they get their vehicle stuck, it's nothing like what happens in other parts of the country. Basically the media makes a big deal out of it because of the lack of rain that we get........

Comment

Originally posted by Teddyzee View Post
                That is exactly why I need to find a way to live in your country... Love that kind of weather.
                Hey just jump the fence, everyone else does.........

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post

It's been in the upper 90's here lately, and you should hear people carrying on about how hot it is! Sheesh.
                  Sheesh indeed, they need to come to Phoenix for a couple of days, they wouldn't complain again......

Comment

In the 70's is good enough for me.
                    It's going to be in the 80's on monday and around 85 on tuesday... Which is pretty much as high as Dutch temps go usually. Still too hot for me.
                    Tuesday is going to be around '70 again, so life is good :o)
                    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                      Sheesh indeed, they need to come to Phoenix for a couple of days, they wouldn't complain again......
                      sorry I'll take 112 dry heat over the fla swam heat..

Comment

Hottest weather I have been in was 134F in Kuwait City, and it was 90% humidity too because the wind was coming from offshore. Thats freakin hot. Worst weather I have experienced is Nebraska. Some summers it gets over 110F and in winter it has dropped to almost -30F, always a wind that wants to knock you down, and the occasional wind that wants to pick you up. The South wasnt as bad since it doesnt really get cold there and Nebraska gets just as hot and humid, it is just the people, mainly the drivers that make me not want to live there. I dont like being crowded so I love living in the UP even with the huge snow, enormous mosquites, and short cool summers.

Comment

I thought you were gonna say that you live in Phoenix because they'll have you! (Sorry, the ball was right over the net and all I had to do was spike it). All in all, I'm OK with heat and NOT OK with cold. Before we moved to Wilmington we did the whole, "Mountains, desert, seashore" thing and decided on seashore. As long as it was warm I would have been OK with any of the above. I'll be sort of in your climate in a month or so and I enjoy Lake Bonneville (but the swimming sux).

Dan

Comment

You could live in Oklahoma..... 112 deg AND tornadoes!

This was West of OKC last Sunday. It peaked at 112 a little while after this photo.

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I prefer to enjoy all 4 seasons. They all have their positives and negatives...

Comment

Working...
                              X