Vintage Indian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Indian

Although the bulk of our paint line work comes from commercial accounts, from time to time we do custom powder coating here at the shop for walk-in customers. We have done everything from 30' long foul poles for a local softball complex to 240" wheelbase dragsters, sprint car frames and even an entire MG Miget. Throw into the mix the obligitory finned aluminum valve covers, ATV frames and lawn furniture, and it is clear we get a wide variety of stuff that cooks in our 40' long oven. Every so often, we get a customer who follows up on their promise to bring the finished project in for us to see as a bit of a thanks for our hard work. Today was one of those days.

Shown is a 1948 Indian restored to amazing condition. We powdercoated the frame and the forks for this gentleman and coupled with his painstaking efforts, the end result is nothing short of fantastic. I thought you all might like to enjoy the pics:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	877516Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture002.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	877517Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture001.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	877518
    Last edited by Ron Ward; June 23, 2011, 10:46 AM.
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Why can't Harleys still be/look that cool?

Comment

Nice job. Our friend NARider (he's not on here too often but does sign in from time to time) has a customer's bike in his shop - an Indian of about this vintage which was pulled out of a wash in Afghanastan! One of the soldiers sent it back and they're working on it as time allows. I haven't seen any progress shots in a while but it's pretty cool.

Dan

Comment

Looks really nice Ron - thanks for the pics, old stuff rules.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'm enveous, looks great
          When life hands you lemons, go get a ice cream cone!

Comment

Wow. That bike is awesome! nice work!
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
              Why can't Harleys still be/look that cool?
              It's sad that Indian could never manage their business. Harley knew how to cheat. Government specs a 500 cc bike for WWII, and Harley shows up with a 750. Not surprisingly, it had more power than Indian's spec submission. Guess who got that contract? I lost all respect for HD when they tried to trademark a sound. Money grubbing bostiches... but I digress.

That is a beautiful restoration.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Beautiful bike. I love Indians. Too bad they're way out of my price range.
                Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

Working...
                X