Country Club For Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country Club For Cars

This is pretty cool, I think...I guess...on a lot of levels. But I have to say I just don't get "IT." You car folks can help me try to recalibrate and understand why this may catch on...but I just don't get it. You have to watch a 30-second commercial first and the story is 5 minutes plus. I don't get it. I'm stupid that way.

I think it's the money thing that I really don't understand. And that it happened in the Frozen Wasteland. They'd better shoot the story quick, because the other 10 months this place would be giraffe butt deep in snow and ice.

I don't get it. That's all I'm saying. For real.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Looks like a retirement community I would look forward to spending my twilight years in. Can I move my shop there?
    Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbuds1 View Post
      Looks like a retirement community I would look forward to spending my twilight years in. Can I move my shop there?
      Install some skis on the front and some metal studded tires on the back...no, I still just don get "it." I guess even Frozen Wastelanders have to flaunt their money somehow. No, I don't get it.

Ohhhhh wait a minute. They're not actually going to DRIVE those cars. Okay! A pinky-finger extended from the wine glass heated indoor car museum in the Frozen Wasteland....no, I don't get it at all. Seriously. How that place could grow at such a rate.

As much as I do understand networking and families and friends and stuff, and that's what makes life fun, I don't understand that physical setup. I sure don't. I know I'm an idiot because that whole piece made no real sense to me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        Install some skis on the front and some metal studded tires on the back...no, I still just don get "it." I guess even Frozen Wastelanders have to flaunt their money somehow. No, I don't get it.

Ohhhhh wait a minute. They're not actually going to DRIVE those cars. Okay! A pinky-finger extended from the wine glass heated indoor car museum in the Frozen Wasteland....no, I don't get it at all. Seriously. How that place could grow at such a rate.

As much as I do understand networking and families and friends and stuff, and that's what makes life fun, I don't understand that physical setup. I sure don't. I know I'm an idiot because that whole piece made no real sense to me at all.
        peewee, sadly todays 'hood have H.O.A. the devil in real life..
        these clowns think your home is a place to eat and sleep nothing more, can't work on your junk there , (outside)
        an old car being worked on to them is an "eyesore"
        god help you if you left a oil stain on your driveway..
        so a place like your link.. alows car guys to store,work on, build their junk without the H.O.A. looking over your shoulder..
        yes that one is kinda high end, but the need for this are growing as more areas make it a p.i.t.a. to work on your hobby at home..
        and one reason I'd never ever buy a home where there is a H.O.A. as living with one is like russia
        Last edited by Stich496; June 24, 2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Wow, that helps Stich. Thanks! I helped my thought process. It really did.

So, if you have enough money to live in a strict HOA neighborhood, AND you have enough money to own an exotic car, there must still be enough money left over to buy a spot at the garage club..community...fraternity...show-off lounge....so if money's no object you do what you do.

Literally, that's what I was missing - the volume of money involved. That's what I can't and never will be able to understand. Expendable funds (piss it away and never feel it).

And at that level....well, those folks ... don't get me started.

We have plenty enough to get along on, but proved earlier this year that I have to keep working my day job for some more years, not enough to retire on.....

So comes the hypothetical question, the BIG one. If any one of us had a virtually unlimited bank account, what would you DO? Would you buy a stall at the Car County Club, or buy a blues band to play with, or what? Everybody's picture will be different. The original question that made me start this thread is already answered, I can't imagine having an unlimited checkbook. Can't imagine. That's what was wrong with my thought process. Thanks Stich!

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            Wow, that helps Stich. Thanks! I helped my thought process. It really did.

So, if you have enough money to live in a strict HOA neighborhood, AND you have enough money to own an exotic car, there must still be enough money left over to buy a spot at the garage club..community...fraternity...show-off lounge....so if money's no object you do what you do.

Literally, that's what I was missing - the volume of money involved. That's what I can't and never will be able to understand. Expendable funds (piss it away and never feel it).

And at that level....well, those folks ... don't get me started.

We have plenty enough to get along on, but proved earlier this year that I have to keep working my day job for some more years, not enough to retire on.....

So comes the hypothetical question, the BIG one. If any one of us had a virtually unlimited bank account, what would you DO? Would you buy a stall at the Car County Club, or buy a blues band to play with, or what? Everybody's picture will be different. The original question that made me start this thread is already answered, I can't imagine having an unlimited checkbook. Can't imagine. That's what was wrong with my thought process. Thanks Stich!
            NOT JUST BIG MONEY GUYS..
            some pair up with others and rent out a building/garage so they can work on their junk..
            I have a few guys at work that paired up with 3 others and rent a nice big shop..
            in an industrial place, no bitching at 9pm to stop hammering, etc
            and because of the amount of empty units. it is costing them 100.oo each a month..+ electric
            instead of the bar they go there..

Comment

Working...
            X