Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Lohnes was born south of the border ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around here you'll occasionally hear one of the locals go off about lazy, stupid Mexicans. Cousin Pablo is clearly neither stupid nor lazy. Good for Pablo! I'm just mad that I didn't think of it.

Dan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Darren N. View Post
        Funny you put that pic in this thread, as I was thinking that it looked like a machine Wile E. Coyote would order from the ACME corporation!!
        Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

Esa cosa es hillbillerific!
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
            Without the beer holder the thing would be redneck.

You've got to love the Rube Goldberg nature of that machine. It was more work putting all that shit together than spinning the chicken by hand, but when you see it in action, the time spent was worth it.
            Absolutely agreed on both points.

1. A redneck never sets the beer down, and therefore would never design/build in a provision for such. ((Exception: "Hold my beer and watch this..." which is not usually associated with cooking on the grill.)) Rednecks are born to cook on the grill with one hand.

2. Yes, that is an amazing piece of work. That's "design" using what you've got right there, and it works. Lots of assembly required.

And the 55-gallon barrel cut in half for the charcoal bed is the world standard for homemade grills, but who woulda thunk you could have taken it out so much farther.....

I'll give it a 10 for engineering alone. Great vid! I love it.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

first attempt at uploading vids... here's the air compressor I could see at the Lohnes palacial south of the border hacienda...

and one for CTX who I believe was talking about opposed crank junk the other day. Not exactly what I think he meant, but this is what happens when you DON'T drink.

the up side of not drinking is the damn thing runs!

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
              X