Frozen Custard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Custard

Kind of random I know but man, suddenly I have had a craving for frozen custard, there was a place across the river back home called Hanks that made theirs in house. So much better than ice cream....

I got on the net and found there is not one place in Tucson that has it...Now I am on a mission to find some.

Any of you guys like custard? got a custard joint nearby? send me some?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Not all that popular up this way Joe, but I eat the F out of some Custard when I am in a part of the country that has stands everywhere.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

there was a place on the north side of chicago I use to go to when going to school up there, a shit hole of a dive that capone didnt go near cause it prolly scared him, damn good stuff
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Can't help you there but I'm getting ready to dive into some "Home Made Ice Cream" that we made last Sunday, is that stuff ever good, I mean it's really delici.... sorry I didn't mean to get carried away!
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Two places in Mesa, one in Chandler, one in Scottsdale, one in Glendale...
          Last edited by BangShift McT; June 23, 2011, 08:15 PM.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
            Two places in Mesa, one in Chandler, one in Scottsdale, one in Glendale...
            *sniff**sniff*...whats that smell...could it be...road trip? I have driven further for food...
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

lol.........had butter burgers and custard in springfield, mo....but the best custard I had was in Milwaukee at a joint near downtown Leo's , Leon's, or Lee's cant remember the name but told them I was from out of town....they gave me a free cup of custard after explaining what it was....needles to say i went back 3 times that thurs and sunday before we rolled out in 2005...........my best Power Tour ever..........
              That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

You have new found MPGs to use!
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I sense a meetup...now, to con TC out of his hiding hole...and for me to get paid...
                  Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

lots of fat in that stufff!!!! but mmmmmm so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

There's a local place called "Kohl's" - pretty good. There used to be several outlets in town but as far as I can tell they're down to one at Wrightsville Beach. Still not as good as REAL Italian ice in Italy, but pretty good stuff, for sure.

Dan

Comment

LOOOOVE IT!

There was a little ice cream place - more of a trailer like deal near where I grew up in the south 'burbs of Chicago. My Dad started taking us there when I was just barely tall enough to reach the counter to order. Three old ladies ran the place - each full of personality - and each FIRMLY stuck in the 50s/60s - they still wore beehive hair do's! Horn rimmed glasses too - they were the sweetest granny type ladies you could ever meet. We went there every summer until I was in college - eventually they retired and sold the place - but it holds a special place in my culinary history.

We've got one place in town that carries it - his machine is a little finicky - sometimes the consistancy isn't quite right - but MAN it's good anyway! This place is great too - they have doggy sundaes with milkbones, and the small is the size of most places medium - the large is ridiculous - you can't eat it fast enough on a hot day.

ahhh frozen custard - I might just have to stop for one on the way home....
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                          Can't help you there but I'm getting ready to dive into some "Home Made Ice Cream" that we made last Sunday, is that stuff ever good, I mean it's really delici.... sorry I didn't mean to get carried away!
                          Home made ice cream.......man does that bring back some memories.

When we lived with our grandparents on the farm.......they made it with the cream
                          they would save from milking cows.
                          Stuff was awesome.

We make it (or try to) every summer.

Have to go on internet to find some good recipes.

As far as custard goes.........Ted Drewes in St. Louis.
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                          X