Free car. Now, to just get it here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free car. Now, to just get it here...

A couple of years back, I helped the administrator of the Diplomat forum purchase a '79 LeBaron sedan for a couple of hundred dollars. For the price, it was in pretty good shape: it needed a fuel filter, had a small hit in the header panel and a missing taillight lens. Over the next two years, the ONLY thing it's needed has been a rearend, which I donated from my '87 Fury parts car.

Checking the site about a week ago, and because he isn't using the car, he's decided to put it up for free, with myself given first choice. I need another car like I need a hole in the head. However, I could get rid of it back East. So I mention that.

One particular site member is seriously looking at it. I told him if he could get the car to me in AZ with no cost or time cost to me, I'd bring it out to Bowling Green and I'd leave the keys in the glovebox. But, like normal, this is turning into a nightmare.

The car is located close enough to Portland, OR. I remember the last time this was discussed, and it ended in failure. However, this car is driveable, so a trailer is not necessary.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by BangShift McT; June 23, 2011, 10:55 PM.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

How driveable is driveable? Are we talking road-tip worthy drivable, or drive it on the trailer drivable?

Just asking.....personally I consider a car able to self-motivate onto a trailer as driveable, the rest just depends on the adventurous spirit of the driver!
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

It drove 140 miles from Tacoma to Washougal, WA with no issues. That was two years ago, though. I'm still convincing the owner to be to get the car hauled down to me...if that'll work then I'll be even better. Though, from where I'm standing: It's got a new rear end, headlights, taillights, and brakes. I'd drive it. Might need more red tape over the bad taillight first, but...

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

You know I'm in if possible Bryan..... I'll stay tuned in.
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I know. The idea is just to bring it either I-5 south/I-10 or ID/NV/AZ route. Either way will work. Like I said before though, this is just testing the waters...you also know what happened last time.

Comment

Let me help with some gasmoney... How much for the dogdishes...?
            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

The car's transferring between members of a board noted for liking cop cars...those dog dishes have to stay. If you want, though, next time I'm in PHX I'll hit up the Mopar junkyard and see how much they want for a set.

Comment

drive it

Comment

Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Originally posted by catchmeblue70 View Post
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

If he can get it to Sacramento area, I could possibly go and get it and at least drive it to LA. Then maybe get it to you.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                        Yeah, you're helpful...

Comment

X2!!!!!
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Just go get it and drive it back! Where's your sense of adventure? I drove a 63 Econoline, with a motor from a 65 wired to the frame with coat hangers 'cuz the mounts wouldn't line up, all the way from Everett, WA to Altus, OK. Bald tires, no heater (this was in the middle of February) and damn little money. It was an adventure I wouldn't care to repeat.

Comment

haha, looks like u'r in the dog house...

Comment

Working...
                              X