Donuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donuts

So it was back in 1985 when I was 16 years old and me and my friends all owned big block chevy trucks, mine was a 1977 Heavy Half with a 454, my other two buddies had a 1971 chevy 3/4 ton with a 402 and the other guy had a 1979 chevy with a 454. It was the days of doing really stupid stuff, drag racing every friday and saturday night up on Central, hanging out until 3:00 in the morning at the midnight drags, and of coarse doing Donuts in any large parking lots we could find and maybe an intersection or two......

So I got to thinking the other day and was like I haven't pulled a donut in more than 15 years!!!!!!!

So when was the last time you cranked the wheels and hammered the gas and started spinning in circles??

I've kind of got the itch, now if I can just find a nice parking lot.............

Snow doesn't count IMO.

Last time would've been '05, just after coming back from deployment. Had a friend with me on a cold, rainy night in Killeen, TX. Had a '01 Ram 5.9, decided I'd get it spinning. Ended up blowing the bead off the right rear tire...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

damn you.....
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

If we're not counting snow (and why are we not counting snow?! ) it was last summer.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

pavement belongs to someone else...damn laws....so you get a dirt donut today.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
            Snow doesn't count IMO.

Last time would've been '05, just after coming back from deployment. Had a friend with me on a cold, rainy night in Killeen, TX. Had a '01 Ram 5.9, decided I'd get it spinning. Ended up blowing the bead off the right rear tire...

that place is as slicked as snow.

the only turbo car I ever drove was down that way. 4cyl thunderbird...at factory hp it just ice rinked...then noticed it was happening to alot of people. Sun melting something or what?

I am similar age as TC..

I went about the same years no messing around.

until I got a tiny subaru. The diffs locked up, and never knew what it was like to control all four spinning.Waited until a blizzard. lot to myself, ten inches of powder in the teens F, wind howling...that was fun.

that was 3 years ago, have not done any since...and alot of year before then, I was boring driver.

the early mid 90s was alot of horsing around....
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Donut Duke boys style! WIN!

Thanks Jim!

When was the last time I did a donut not in the snow - I can't even remember..... it's been far TOO LONG
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Just the other day... Peter Pan Bakery in Greenpoint... Red Velvet... So good...

Comment

A donut a day keeps the doctor away!

Comment

what time is it now? about a week ago I forgot something in the house so I did an ebrake turn but was going a bit fast so I did a 1 1/2. As for observations: the Buick doesn't donut as well as the GTO which is poor in comparison to the Studebaker (when it was a 4x4).

(y'all didn't think I became a lawyer to defend others?!! near as I can reckon, I've more than paid myself back in legal savings)
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It's been 25+ years since I did one in the chevelle .... now police cars?..... about a month ago!
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Snow and ice sure as heck count...Bryan scared the crap outta me in the Target parking lot in Prescott Valley (because I didn't expect it, not because I didn't like it).
                        Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

I cant remember. Not since my drivers license became my source of income.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver View Post
                            I cant remember. Not since my drivers license became my source of income.
                            x2
                            camera's are everywhere now..

Comment

You guys are giving me a sense of....I missed an entirely valuable part of life. Missed it, didn't do it.

I had the hotrod Bug all those years ago. And I NEVER in my life, even then, did a doughnut. It just never occurred to me. Yes, HP vs. Weight galore, it sure would have done it. The guys with rods in town just didn't do it, it was really unheard of. Everybody was tryng to protect their stuff, so I never even heard of it being done then.

Which made me sit back and think this afternoon - why not? Nobody did it.

I can account for why I didn't, back in the 70's, and before I do let me say unproudly, yes Brian, I was a checkbook hotrodder. I sure was. I stood and watched real wrench guys work on the car.

1. I was 18 years old, and if I had tried to do a doughnut I wouldn't have had enough driving skill to do it and keep the engine together. 6,000 PRM was a lot back then, and if I was doing a doughnut I can only imagine that ... well, I didn't know how to drive well enough then anyhow. I'd have blown the engine for sure. Rods through the block, and there goes my life's bank account, which was in fact inside that quick but raggedy Bug.

2. After all the money I spent paying wrench guys to work on the car, for the life of the car, I ran recaps on it. I can only imagine what doughnuts would have done to the recaps and how far the pieces would have flown. I couldn't afford to burn the tires off, not even recaps.

So I stand here and say, even with the opportunity to do it, I never in my life have done a doughnut. Does somebody want to loan me a ride that will do one now?
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X