Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweet Subaru Isle Of Man Record Attempt Vid!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Subaru Isle Of Man Record Attempt Vid!!

Watch the end of the vid for a in depth look at the near crash during the run.
    Look at the amount of steering correction needed to save it and consider the speeds it was done at.
    Awesome!
    Subaru of America, Inc. has released a new YouTube video of the 2011 Subaru WRX STI setting an all-time course record for the historic Isle of Man TT Mountai...

Last edited by andy30thz; June 24, 2011, 12:49 PM.

WOW! What a ride. I would have had to change my drawers after a ride like that. Great video thanks for posting it.

Comment

cool vid.
      I'd love to know the vid stuff they use...

ever notice some vids just stick right out no errors?

the sound for drivetrain could do something more realistic.. it sounds like my old 87 subaru with a broken fart can instead of a turbo'd 2.5 liter.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

wouldn't mind riding shot gun on that ride....
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

thought that was for bsa and vincent black shadow

caught this on the web : The modern bikes were built by Roush: they had that distinctive, low-slung Vincent look, and there were neat touches throughout, such as the large vintage-style headlight hiding several projector-style beams. The engine was Honda’s RC51 fuel-injected V-Twin, pumping out around 136 horsepower, and the lure of the Vincent name was so strong that Honda was prepared to sell its engines to an American maker. But American investors were uncomfortable with the idea of a Japanese motor in a resurrected Vincent.

Comment

Well hell........I used to do that shit in my '49 Chevy
            back in the day.

Just couldn't document it like this.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

We have a plant on the Isle. I just have to figure out an excuse to go over there during the race.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

What did they do film that vid at 30FPM? "Not Sped Up" but alot of ground was missing.....

The save was very good though.

Comment

Working...
                X