Spring is here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring is here....

67pete300: Did you mean Jenro's as in Jenro's Classic Pub in Virginia Beach? If so, that is where my dad and I used to hang out every Saturday night when I was about 10 years old. That was in about '91 or so. How is the turnout there these days? How long you been hangin out there?
    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Not here yet. I went to Lebanon Valley yesterday for the seasons first Test and Tune. Thrashed on the Mustang Saturday to get it ready, got there, waited, rain off and on, finally cancelled. Bought an Edelbrock crossram for a SBF in the swapmeet. On the way home ran into quite a snowstorm.

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16
        67pete300: Did you mean Jenro's as in Jenro's Classic Pub in Virginia Beach? If so, that is where my dad and I used to hang out every Saturday night when I was about 10 years old. That was in about '91 or so. How is the turnout there these days? How long you been hangin out there?
        Yes. It still goes on when the weather is nice. Turnout can vary widely. I try to go every chance I can, even if for just 30 mins or so to see who's there. This is my second tour living in Virginia Beach (about 2 miles from Jenro's). I was going back in 97/98, and now again since 05.

You get a little bit of everything there, which is why I like it. One day there could be a whole pile of late model Mustangs, or Minis, plus musclecars, Rat Rods, trucks, vw rods (or whatever they are called), bikes, etc. One day there was a 67 GT500KR Convertible that just blew me away. A real Barrett Jackson car. With some 22 year old girl driving it.

Here's one shot from Jenro's when we had three different models of 67 Chevelles in a row. My buddy Lenny's (met him there) 300 Deluxe, my 300, and an SS.

1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Working...
        X